Serve in Weizen

Bottle: Unfiltered
Franziskaner Weissbier Naturtrub Premium Hefe-Weissbier
From Munich Since 1363
Ingredients: Water, Wheat Malt, Barley Malt, Yeast, Hop Extract
The original fresh wheat beer taste. Franziskaner Hefe-Weißbier Naturtrüb is a natural and elegant Weissbier from Bavaria with a lush white foam. The copper golden wheat beer unfolds with an aromatic fragrance and harmonious banana and citrus fruits.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
FlagstoneHill (215) - Erie, Colorado, USA - APR 23, 2006
500ml bottle Lt orange/yellow, cloudy. Tall white head. .. .. Intense estery aroma - cloves, bubblegum, banana. . … Sweet banana flavor w/ hints of spices - black pepper (?). . .. .. Medium-light body, mouth coating. .. .. Very excellent weissbier!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
decaturstevo (5850) - decatur, Tennessee, USA - APR 22, 2006
On tap. It had a fruity bannana aroma and had a flavor of clove and bannana. It had a very slight off bitter flavor, I was smoothly carbonated and just a little watery as it warmed. Changed the way I feel about Hefe’s. i will drink it again I hope.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jahmokie (15) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 18, 2006
Smooth, simple, satisfying. A nice fruity scent, with a nice wheat finish. I had this beer from the tap, so I can’t speak to the bottled version.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
xproudfoot (750) - Paleolithic, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 16, 2006
Corn, corn, corn. bitter, cold, wet, sharp. did I mention how much this tasted liek corn? Possibly unfresh, but it was from the tap. This is what woudl happen if wheat tasted like corn. I don’t like it one bit. Tastes like the bud of hefeweissen.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
sersdf (1020) - chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 16, 2006
UPDATED: JUN 1, 2006 decent. been trying lots of hefe’s lately and i’ve decided 2 things: Piece Top Heavy is the best, and hefe’s are a whole lot better on tap than from a bottle. this one is a lot more wheatgerm flavored.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
burpfrank (299) - carpinteria, California, USA - APR 15, 2006
I have tried this before a few times.I liked it better the last time I tried it.Perhaps I have had much better ones since.I thought this was a bit too sour tasting for me.It had a good body of flavor and decent head.I think I would have picked another beer before I would drink this,but it still tasted better than most of the common beers available in our local area bars and stores.Perhaps I will have to re-rate it in the future.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
troyc (2869) - Illinois, USA - APR 11, 2006
(0.5L Bottle) I have tried this beer many times before, but didn’t sit down to rate it until now. Hazy with a nice, lasting head. Noticeable banana taste, with a slight vanilla aftertaste. Overall a very smooth, drinkable beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
LDawg (72) - Rockport, Texas, USA - APR 2, 2006
31mar06 one bottle for 2 dollars. golden honey wheat, filling taste and round finish

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
microakes (160) - CANADA - APR 2, 2006
cloudy, golden appearance, clean taste. a good drink. I can’t think of a reason to not drink it

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mcnally (114) - Burbank, California, USA - APR 1, 2006
Compare this beer to the dunkel version and I like this one much better. Very light and refreshing. Lively feeling in the mouth and looks great. Good with a nice steak.