overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 2755   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.59   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Deep golden color. Natural cloudiness, with yeast Crispy, refreshing, spicy and fruity.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
hopscotch (9047) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 29, 2003
Cloudy yellow lager. Huge, white, frothy head. The nose is of clove, grapefruit, underripe banana and white bread. The flavor is well-balanced; fruity and yeasty; lemon, dough and straw. Thin and watery with lively carbonation. Short, refreshing finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jgb9348 (4692) - Arlington (Pentagon City), Virginia, USA - OCT 22, 2003
Very hazy golden colour with a nice white head. VERY strong aroma banana aroma with mixes of cloves and coriander seed. Fantastic look and smell! Medium-light bodied; Strong spicey (the two aformentioned notes as well as curacao) but very clean with yeast and wheat characteristics. Aftertaste very clean and refreshing. Overall, a great German wheat - really one to savour. I actually had this one (I just realised it) at the Frankfurt Airport (Lufthansa terminal) well before I was 21! I had this beer on draught at MacGregor's in Rochester, New York on 21-October-2003.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
jfm (1724) - Holbæk, DENMARK - OCT 20, 2003
Hazy golden color with a thick white head. The taste is sweet and fruity with a yeasty note. Nice on a hot summerday.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kinz (3274) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - OCT 18, 2003
UPDATED: APR 10, 2010 Nice light yellow, bit hazy, big ol’ head. Aroma of cloves, bubble gum, and lemons. Nicely carbonated, lively, but no bite. The malt was thinner than I remembered, with the wheat flavors quite subdued. Yeast flavors dominate, namely cloves and some fruitiness, namely mandarin orange. Wish the wheat was more up front. RERATE: Draft at Michael Minas’ Sea Blue in Las Vegas. Got this to go with the "fried trio" of crab cake, chicken empanadas, and other random fried seafood item I can’t recall off the top of my head. Worked nicely for that, and I must say, flavors were essentially as I remembered, although I picked up lemon as opposed to mandarin orange. Rating remains the same. I nice, albeit light, weisse.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
McWhite (108) - Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 14, 2003
Pale yellow, a good example of the style. I find that it tastes better when I invert the bottle once or twice before opening.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
MaiBockAddict (1497) - Good Beer Bar Deprived, New Jersey, USA - OCT 9, 2003
Typical blonde weissbier. Banana dominates the nose. Good malt flavor. A touch of hops in the background. I have a hard time distinguishing this from many of the other true weissbiers.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
LarsHolmer (112) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - OCT 7, 2003
Here is one of, in my opinion the top 10´s among the German Weissbiers. Beautifully coloured, a firm head and a fullbodied ending with lots of bitter-sour sweetness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dortmunder (961) - Herdecke, GERMANY - OCT 7, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 24, 2004 Deep orange color. Cloudy. Looks so delicious. Citric nose. Tastes very well-balanced. Yeasty, citric, fruity. Goes down very smooth. I think it´s the best of the very easily avaible Weizens. Rerate: After drinking hundreds of bottles of this beer I´ve probably got to rate it higher, and it never ceased to amaze me, so a couple more points are justified.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
thehoff (596) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - OCT 6, 2003
Cloudy pale orange. Nice white head. Smells of wheat, coriander and lemon. Tastes of licorice and bubble gum, tiny hint of citrys. Smooth and a little bitter. Maybe a little skunked. Good overall feel.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
MaBeer1972 (1277) - Taunton, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 5, 2003
Probably the best German Hefe I've had so far. Very cloudy golden-orange color. Pleasant aroma. The flavor is wonderful and fruity, but not strictly banana and clove like others. Complex. Good stuff!