overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 2714   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.59   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Deep golden color. Natural cloudiness, with yeast Crispy, refreshing, spicy and fruity.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
rauchbier (3593) - Isle Of Beer, Lincolnshire, ENGLAND - DEC 30, 2002
Bottle conditioned. Hazy copper orange with a good head and slightly low condition for the style. Aromas tend towards the lemony citrus side rather than banana esters, although some phenol character is noticable in the mouth. Sweet, refreshing and powdery finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Dermis (20) - Monona, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 28, 2002

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
MrGregAD199 (65) - Medford, Oregon, USA - DEC 26, 2002

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Frank (2737) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 26, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 22, 2003 Yeasty and wheaty. Wheaty and yeasty. Take your pick. Looks like apple cider. Estery aroma. Tastes like sourdough.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ogivlado (5539) - Zagreb, CROATIA - DEC 24, 2002
Bottled(500ml). -I dont like wheat beer but this is the best I tasted...refreshing with fruit aroma

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - DEC 21, 2002
UPDATED: OCT 26, 2003 Draught @ Papago

I believe that this is the best time of year for us “Beer Lovers”, well at least for this “Beer Fanatic”! The fall beers are coming out, Oktoberfest celebrations all over the place, and all these fine German beers I cherish so much in bottles magically appear on tap.

This marvel of the brewer’s art pours a deeply chill hazed golden amber with a nifty somewhat creamy head that is white in color, the lace a satin sheet on the glass. Nose is lemon like and crisp, hints of wheat; coriander with a smooth freshness that just over whelms the senses, start is semi-sweet, with a splendid wheat and malt profile that leads to the moderate top. Finish is deliciously hopped, delicately acidic, and pleasingly dry and one fine beer in my humble opinion.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bugbbq99 (19) - Florida, USA - DEC 20, 2002
A nice golden, cloudy brew with a delightful cloudy head. Refreshing taste with a good malt flavor.

BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - DEC 18, 2002
Poors like a golden mist with volcanic head (not kidding). The head was huge. I kep pouring a little bit more just to see the explosive reaction of the head. Surprisingly there was not too strong of a carbonation feel, but present nevertheless. Aroma was that of banana, cloves and hops with a slight hint of wheat and yeast that is common with this style. The flavor was unique. This is my first German wheat hefe, so the lack of citrus taste that is present in Widmer hefe caught me off guard but the smooth banana clove flavors took me to a good place. I drank almost the whole bottle just by doing the review! A nice wheat finish and true to the style. Well done! On my palate it was enriching, slight carbonation and a wheat feel, reminds me of eating oatmeal for some reason. Overall one of my favorite wheat beers now. I knew from everyone else’s reviews that I wouldn’t be disappointed.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Crafter99 (10) - USA - DEC 17, 2002
My co-worker turned me on to this. Great stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
amx1970390 (480) - Southampton, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 14, 2002
Cloudy yellow, thick white head. Smooth and no overly wheaty. The best wheat I have has to date.