French Broad Berliner Weisse

Serve in Bowl

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.05/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.96   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Butters (3763) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - OCT 30, 2008
I really did enjoy the novelty of ’flavor additions’ I went with the pomegranite after I had rate the plain. Wheaty, sour, interesting. Had somewhat of a cloying finish. I actually enjoyed it more with the flavor addition. But overall, didn’t really care for this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
brentfeesh (1207) - Mansfield, Ohio, USA - SEP 22, 2008
On tap at the brewery. Clear light straw color with no head. Crisp fruit aroma with orange, apple and other notes. Enjoyable really. The flavor is in no way as tart as I had hoped. Musty grain and a little yeast presence is about the whole show. I asked the guy serving it and he said they dumbed down the tart factor so the beer would be more accessible to the masses. That may be, but I think they pulled the plug on what could have been a very nice brew. Well carbonated but still has a dull mouth feel and finish due to the lack of tartness. The option to add syrup is very novel and I tried one when I was about half way through my glass. Great idea, next time tart that baby up!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jmichael (640) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - AUG 25, 2008
a sour beer, you have a choice of syrups to add to it , from lime to ponegranite (sp?) which effects the rating obvisouly, I had the latter, it is good, and the old original concept of adding syrup to this Berliner Weisse is unique and appreciated to find, a fun try.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
kp (10886) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - AUG 18, 2008
Date: 08/16/2008
Mode: Draft
Source: Brewery

Appearance: hazy pale yellow, wispy white head,
Aroma: light sweet malt aroma with a light lemony tartness,
Flavor: sweet malt flavor with a nice touch of tartness in the background, nice wheat dryness along with the tart helps to balance the sweet,

Aroma: 5/10; Appearance: 5/10; Flavor: 6/10; Palate: 6/10; Overall: 11/20
Rating: 2.8/5.0