overall

RATINGS: 99   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.75   ABV: -
Brewed for Trader Joe's grocery stores.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
murawski (158) - USA - APR 11, 2006
Oh come on . . . it’s the 2-Buck Chuck of beers. One always needs a cheap beer for parties, camping, or just to keep your bank account in the black while you wait for your next student loan check. We’ve all been there, and Trader Joe’s is there for us. While the flavor is an entirely different conversation (and a short one at that), I give this brew a 2 just for being there when I needed it the most. Thanks Frugal Joe!

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
ElBorracho (472) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 2, 2006
Bottle. Drank this about 4 days ago and have yet to fully recover. Pours light yellow with an almost flourescent glow (I’m not kidding). Faint tastes of lemon, honey, rice, corn, and a stale sourness. An aroma that remindes me of waking up on a beer soaked carpet after an ugly night of doing keg stands at a frat house. Swill.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 25, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 26, 2006 I’m embarassed to be caught rating this crap, but I drank it, and I got through THAT humiliation...Odd pale yellow color that reminds me I’m due for my annual physical. Weird chemical flavor seems to insinuate itself throughout...I’m starting to long for some corn syrup adjuncts here. No hop presence, and I mean at all! Ten minutes of my life I’m never going to get back!

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Crash (531) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - MAR 1, 2006
Gift from JMerritt. Golden color with a little fizzy head. There was a strange sweet aroma but, I didn’t pick it out. Taste wasn’t ordinary as much as not really that good.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Panzuriel (1309) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - FEB 20, 2006
Clear yellow liquid with a fizzy yellow head that disappeared quickly. Nose is of some hops but mostly malt. Taste is zingy but thin with some odd vegetable twinge maybe like tomato or something. Body is thin. No aftertaste. I guess you get what you pay for.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
JMerritt (1800) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - DEC 31, 2005
I knew I had to try this when I saw the generic cardboard 6-pack holder. Medium golden in color, head fizzes up like a soda and disappears just as fast. Aroma can be summed up in two words: sweet corn. Flavor is so bland it is almost amazing - a touch of sweet corn and some wet grain, but not a hell of a whole lot. The finish has more flavor (sweetness) than anything else. For as watery as this tastes, the body is actually moderatelly full with slight carbonation. But as far as bland beers go, this takes the cake, boy howdy.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Cornfield (5482) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - DEC 28, 2005
Yeah - what the other raters said about this and then some. Actually not too offensive, since it’s mostly watered down corn syrup. Praise be I only bought one.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.traderjoes.com/locations/map/685.a Joe’s, La Grange, IL<font size=-1>

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Tubbfan (147) - Joliet, Illinois, USA - SEP 6, 2005
You get what you paid for, I guess. This stuff is not awful, just not very good. Color is a bland, gold. No head or lacing, no aroma to speak of, very little taste, and a watery feel without any body. Cost me $0.92/bottle at Trader Joe’s. Glad I didn’t purchase a six-pack.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
green (186) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 17, 2005
Diluted pee color. A reasonably strong saazesque nose with a hint of retch. Malty-er than expected from the color. Thin, thin, thin. Sort of bud-like without the skank aftertaste and a bit of whacky banana and garbage flavor in the middle.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - FEB 6, 2005
Dirt cheap, better than BMC. Pretty much non-existent everything, a tiny bit of hopiness, but not much. A friend offered me a bottle, so at least it was free.