overall

RATINGS: 786   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.31   IBU: 31   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
The best selling Amber in the Northwest. It’s a great tasting malty sweet beer that has rich amber hue, a full body, and a spicy floral hop finish. This American style amber ale is brewed with: 2-row Pale, Crystal and Chocolate malts and is hopped with Mt. Hood and Cascade hops

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
snoot (286) - Anaheim, California, USA - JUL 19, 2003
Nice head on this one that quickly disappears. Very dark amber color, lots of malt in the flavor, with some mild hop bite on the aftertaste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
I.C.suds (189) - Da U.P. eh?, Michigan, USA - JUL 17, 2003
When I was in Oregon everyone was handing me these! Not bad but nothing outstanding. It sure tasted fresh though. Thank you Oregonians!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
SDbruboy (1864) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 5, 2003
Nice ale! Pours garnet-amber with a small off-white head that diminished rapidly. Plenty of aroma, rich malts with a balancing of hops. Prominent hops in the flavor - very assertive. Medium body, moderate carbonation. This is a good, yet unremarkable ale - tasty without being distinctive.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
weeicemon (126) - Lancaster, California, USA - JUL 3, 2003
A bit average. Semi-nice color and frangrence. Like many, too much cascade hops for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kasteelfreak (341) - Fallbrook, California, USA - JUN 27, 2003
Nothing special. I like ambers but I don't know if I've ever had one that made me say WOW. I don't really know how to explain it. It tastes like a quality well balanced amber.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
JFGrind (1866) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 17, 2003
An excellent micro to drink straight out of the bottle. Unique beer style, much like it's Steam beer neighbor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
RaginCajun (320) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUN 14, 2003
This is one of my new favorite beers. Has a nice creamy texture with some fruit flavors. Very full body and leaves nothing to be desired.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
GreatSatanUSA (107) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUN 8, 2003
Good amount of hops with fruity (orange) and spicy notes. Reminded me of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
3fourths (8298) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - MAY 27, 2003
Clear dark red appearance with a medium tan head. Hearty, malty aroma, very smooth on the nose. Very even but excited first taste. The carbonation is of the right level, and the flavors are much more hoppy than the aroma. I can't seem to find much of anything missing from this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
strick8 (2) - USA - MAY 27, 2003 does not count
On tap. I must say this is the best Amber Ale I have ever had. Its has a very dark color with an chocolate malt taste. This was very drinkable making you want to have another one soon.