overall

RATINGS: 108   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.03/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
As a daddy-to-be and a recent graduate of Oregon State Universitys Brewing Sciences program, Jason celebrates his inner college student and his soon-to-be new station in life with Big Daddy J. According to Jason, BDJ is a malt liquor that is simple and delicious. Its golden in color and hopped with Hallertau Hersbrucker hops, perfectly balanced so that its clean and drinkable smoothness makes that 8 percent alcohol go down so easily. Full Sails Brewers Share beers will only be available on tap at Full Sails Tasting Room and Pub in Hood River, Oregon, and at Full Sails Brewery at Riverplace, in Portland, Oregon.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Gription79 (2830) - Bountiful, Utah, USA - MAY 8, 2013
Poured from a 22 ounce bomber. Notes of apple, caramel, super sweet, sulfur. Not a fan of the sulfur character.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
llcooldave (1188) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - APR 5, 2013
Clear sparkling gold in the glass. Surprising spicy hops aroma. More tasty spicy hops in the flavor with a muted metallic flavor. Overall, better than I thought it would be...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
wxman (1744) - O’Fallon, Illinois, USA - MAR 26, 2013
Pours a clear yellow/gold with a pretty big white head. Aroma is bread dough and mild hops. Sweet pale malt taste along with breadiness and a little caramel. Nice, for a ML. No alcohol detected and no ML character.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
drowland (7887) - Georgia, USA - MAR 22, 2013
2/22-23/13. Bomber shared at some point during RBWG. I thought for sure I had lost my notes from that night and was packing today when BOOM, full page of ratings, including this GEM. Golden pour. A touch of spice, booze, and sweet malts in the aroma and flavor. Could be worse.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
garmonbozia (429) - Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA - MAR 16, 2013
Bottle from Half Time. Lots of malt and some lite hops. Grassy taste with boozy finish. Lots of carbonation

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
hfmejias (1270) - Marshall, Minnesota, USA - MAR 16, 2013
1 Pt. 6 Fl. Oz. Bottle that poured orange with a little white head. Some malts a nd spices are predominant in aroma but you also get some notes of booze from the high alcohol content. I wasn’t sure about trying/buying malt liquor but actually I’m glad I did; this one has a nice smooth and sweet taste from malts and fruits that complements the the crisp and refreshing this light body brew. It’s quite good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
tricyclist (1125) - Florida, USA - MAR 12, 2013
Holy shit! I’m totally a fan of malt likka. I never would’ve known. I don’t have a paper bag, but I’m enjoying this fancy little diddy from the bottle, so I’m not sure what color it is. I’m guessing maybe a 5 outta ten. That seems fair. The taste is sweet corny malt and heaven. I bet it’s fancy.. Seriously fancy. I need to start riding my bicycle more. Queen is on the radio and I’m digging it. I could go for some hot pants right about now. Pink...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
AmEricanbrew (6731) - Same Trailer, Different Park, Louisiana, USA - FEB 28, 2013
Clear golden color with ivory sheen. Cracked pepper, dry pale malt, spicy alcohol aromas. medium body with average co2. Lightly dry, grainy lagered pale malt flavors with mild alcohol, and spicy black pepper--not too bad

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Leighton (18527) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - FEB 21, 2013
Bottle at RBWG. Pours clear gold with a fine white foam head. It is a sweet beer, with cheap pale malts, some cereal, mellow alcohol. Medium bodies with average carbonation. Sweet finiah with mild alcohol warmth. Not super enjoyable, but drinkable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mlunger12 (645) - Orlando, Florida, USA - FEB 21, 2013
22oz bomber! This isn’t a bad Malt Likka. Corn on the nose, but a good bit of hoppy earthiness and a smooth finish. Does the job, every time.