Full Sail Hopocity

overall

RATINGS: 73   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
AlabastorJones (800) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 23, 2005
in my opinion, best seasonal of the season, strong citrus with a strange kind of curry-ish aroma in the nose, rocky white head, golden clear body, strong tangarine-ish flavor, delicate malts, very well balanced and refreshing, I’m also pumped that they brought back the old label design with U of O colors, damn this is good, GO DUCKS!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ontario102 (794) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUN 1, 2005
Flowery and slightly perfumy nose, a good bit of malt and straw, too; nice balance tilted towards smooth bitterness with fruity, light medicinal notes and grapefruit, rose pedal, and spruce poking through; some lingering bitterness; a pale on the verge of being an IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
HumuloneRed (751) - Portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 5, 2005
Clear golden color with good head and lacing. Big pine and citrus nose. Pine and grapefruit in the flavor. Nice malt profile for balance. Good beer. Thanks Doug!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
GermanBrews76 (678) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - DEC 7, 2004
crystal clear golden body. Big carbonation, thin glossy white head. Pale malts, some floral tone, big citrus nose. Dry malt character underlies a bitter, resinous, grassy fresh hop profile. dark roastiness comes through the citrucy bitter hops

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
belgianhomebrew (646) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - MAY 19, 2004
Crystal clear. Big hop, slightly citrusy aroma. Big hop bite throughout, with a bit of toastiness...must be a lot of victory malt in this one. Not as balanced as I would have thought. SHould be interesting to see how this ages.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
mdi (573) - Nebraska, USA - MAY 14, 2005
22oz, brewers reserve 2004, bought at a discount...so it isn’t the freshest...huge foaming head, tough to control...lots of carbonation and thick lace, slightly hazy beer. It doesn’t seem right to me, the aroma is medicinal, phenolic, and hoppy...maybe that comment down the screen about cilantro is right...just odd...after that, nothing much happens with the beer...there just isn’t much flavor to it, save from something medicinal hops, bitterness doesn’t even stand out, nothing really does. that’s too bad.

Shadallion (534) - Sacramento, California, USA - JUN 28, 2002
Great fresh hop flavor here, lush and bitter and piney. Malt backbone is a little shakey, but I had no trouble pounding this one down. Excellent!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
AlchemistZ (493) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - NOV 18, 2004
Deep gold almost amber in color, slightly cloudy with a fluffy, white head. Aroma of spicy, grapefruity, floral hops that is overall delicate and almost ethereal. Flavor contains grapefruit pith, orange creamsickle, and a subtle sweetness. I also get the impression that an amateur homebrewer created this beer. I have been pretty hard on this brewery in my ratings. I attest this to even though there is good flavor to their beer they are presented in a such a straightforward and feminine ( I mean the same way as cooking) fashion that I yearn for MORE but when I take that next sip they do not deliver any hidden complexity or subjective epiphanies. With many other breweries’ beer that have similar high ratings as Full Sails, I find myself drinking my first encounter with one of their offerings quickly because there is an elusive component I find myself desperate to identify OR it is satisfying some visceral or lupulin desire...they do not provide this. Looking at the scores from the other raters makes me wonder what I am missing out on, unfortunately I do not agree with most of them. This is average at best.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Gromit (479) - Port Orchard, Washington, USA - APR 27, 2004
I gotta say, this didn't grab me at first, but it grew on me. Pours a golden color that's just right for style with a very nice head that lasted quite a while. Aroma is very hoppy. Now, I mean *very* hoppy. In fact, the hoppiness overtakes any other scent, but *damn* it's good. Taste is hoppy, whad'a suprise. Definate Cascade presence. But it's balanced quite well as it's not overly hoppy despite the name. Palate is full and creamy, yet crisp. Overall, this is a damn good example of the style and well worth seeking out. I'm not a Full Sail fan per se, but I've come to respect their "Brewers Reserves."

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Hooker (467) - Coquitlam, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 29, 2005
Hazy Amber orange colour with dense thin off white head. Citric hop nose. Thin grapefruit hop taste with lingering bitter finish.