Full Sail Manhattan Project
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 16   MEAN: 2.9/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
The base beer is our Vesuvius. It was aged in Bourbon barrels for six months and then transferred to Pinot Noir barrels for another six months before kegging.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
skoisirius (1718) - Earth, Washington, USA - OCT 2, 2009
Really wish I could remember where and when I had this, but I remember it being such a disappointment that I know Iíve had a few sips. Way too much bourbon with not enough body to back it up. Hints of cherry mucked up by weird sours flavors. A great idea gone weirdly wrong...not to say Iím giving an A for effort to FS for trying something a bit more out of the normal realm!

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
waolsen (1360) - Littleton, Colorado, USA - OCT 14, 2006
sampled at GABF 2006. This beer is by far the worst beer Iíve ever tried. I spit it out almost instantly. Besides being extremely combustable it will also peal the paint off your walls. I love Full Sail but this was AWEFUL.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
glkaiser (1214) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 15, 2006
Rating this one from memory...tasted at GABF. Worst beer that I have ever tried. So bad I had to try it twice to make sure it really was that awful. Whatís not to like? How about the taste of gasoline mixed with a bit of paint thinner? No no no no no no no. Iíd rather drink non-alcoholic beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
jimbowood (1036) - Freeport, Georgia, USA - OCT 13, 2006
Tap @ Falling Rock and again @ GABF. Had to try it again to insure the first one wasnít just horribly infected. This was by far the worst beer of the 100+ I sampled during the GABF week. I love barrel aged beers, but this was pure finger nail polish remover. Enough said.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
SamuraiArtist (292) - portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 16, 2007
Bottle from J. Harris: Golden color with some bubbles but no head. Aroma is sweet, fruity, woody and wine like. A light body that is swet and fruity at first, then slightly tart and acidic, a little alcohol warmth, you also get a slight bourbon flavor and definitely some pinot noir flavor. A dry wine and wood finish. Very very unique, i gather this is a love it or hate it beer. It is amazingly complex and one of those beers where you can easily pick out 6 different flavors that are all unique. I wouldnt drink a pint of this but very much enjoyed the glass.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
NICU (12) - Oregon, USA - JUN 15, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 11, 2007 Everyone who tried this at GABF should try and get a hold of another sample. I shared this bottle with John Harris, and while it didnít affect my perception of the beer I think it gave me a better understanding of what he was shooting for.

Once you get past the opening notes of acetone thereís a wonderful funky/sour/tart beer lurking underneath.

No head to speak of. Flavors of bourbon and acetone give way to a heady mixture of brett/lacto funk and a vinous finish.

Not something I could drink every day, but Iím sure glad I had the chance to taste this abberation :)
Thanks again John!