overall

RATINGS: 146   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Strong in flavor and alcohol yet light in color and malt character this style has the warming presence of alcohol

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
jmcguire1969 (161) - Lafayette, Colorado, USA - FEB 15, 2008
This was a nice surprise coming out of Full Sail. Iíve not tasted a ton of their beers but really donít think of them as very proficient at Belgians. Now, this wasnít the most amazing of beers but it was really good. The fact that my wife surprised me during the super bowl with a nice craft ale probably made it taste that much better. I didnít see any Full Sail ads...maybe next year.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
cyanescens (159) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 28, 2007
Im suprised this beer got such a low rating. I thought it was a very unique brew and enjoyed it. Yeasty, bread flavors with strong alcohol notes and mild fruity sweetness. Golden yellow.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
nahthan (129) - Oakland, California, USA - JUN 16, 2007
On tap at Ben N Nicks, Oakland CA.. Super unique aroma. Yeasty, estery... Dirt? Cilantro? Patchouli oil? I could see how some people would hate the aroma, I thought it was awesome. Most unique aroma Iíve ever smelled in a Belgian style brew. Sometimes that could be a bad thing, I suppose.. (contamination). I didnít get any of that here. Delicious belgian strong ale with lots of yeast characteristic, low hops, and a decent malt profile. Yum.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
unrulythings (73) - Portland, Oregon, USA - SEP 15, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 18, 2008 sweet aromas of light caramel and banana. heavy warming bite due to alcohol. a bit tart. being a fan of this style, I am definitely turned off by how warm it hits going down the throat. a fair brew.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
ders0 (28) - , Minnesota, USA - NOV 3, 2009
What an odd brew. It poured an orange with little head. The aroma was pretty indistinguishable and what was there was nothing too special. The taste was fairly similar, although not too bad. A little boozy, but pleasant. This was a cheap bomber so it was worth a shot and I would recommend giving it a try, but donít get your hopes up.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Bruss (1) - USA - NOV 11, 2006 does not count
Disappointing effort. I just returned from Belgium so may be a little hard on my friends in Hood River, but I expected more from Full Sail. Poor finish, weak head. Has some Belgian characteristics, but not a strong beer.