overall

RATINGS: 655   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.47   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 56   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Brewed for the holiday season, Wassail is a delight with itís warm flavors and festive holiday packaging. Itís a lush, garnet colored winter ale that has a malty full-body and a pleasant hoppy finish. Sure to warm the hearts of malt and hop lovers alike, Wassail is brewed with a 4 types of malts and is hopped with a special blend of imported hops.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - OCT 16, 2002
I felt this was really too bitter for me. I think Iíll try it again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
AceOfHearts (1375) - Mountain View, California, USA - NOV 30, 2002
I wasnít as big a fan of this as other Christmas ales Iíve had. Thick, malty mouthfeel that constrasts with the spicy hops. Clean finish. Not too interesting.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
jhliesen (744) - West Melbourne, Florida, USA - NOV 25, 2007
Bottle--My beer was a black color with brown highlights along the edges. It does leave a small head through out the drink with a nice amount of lacing. The aroma was of raisin and cider. The taste was hoppier than I expected without any of the Christmas spices. A dissapointment, still good, but not at all what I hoped, guess Iíll have to find another single to confirm. Produce Place, 1.49

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ilovedarkbeer (2316) - Dallas, Texas, USA - DEC 2, 2007
Not exactly sure why this is so highly rated. Tried this both hot and cold today and neither was very good. Pours a deep amber red brown color with a small soapy tan head. Smells of malt and spices and maybe cloves? Tastes like malt and spice and hops. It is very unbalanced though and just not so great.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Quietman (173) - Florida, USA - JAN 11, 2008
Dark brown.Sweet spicy aroma.Some citrus and brown sugar.Subtle sweetness,hoppy bitterness.Medium body.Not bad.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
GarrettB (1079) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 1, 2008
My standards are set pretty high for wassail. Put there by mother’s homemade wassail (80 proof I’m sure, and it tasted like Kool-Aid), I’ve found that breweries’ attempts at Wassail leave me wanting...more. Mostly, more of the homemade stuff, the real stuff, brewed in a pot on the stove with the fruit and all. It comes as no surprise that the Full Sail Wassail is also something of a letdown. It’s a brown drink with a thin head, and a flurry of chunky sediment with no other noticeable symptoms in the pour. The aroma is muted and quiet, drifting with a little cranberry, a little chocolate and a little malts, but with little else in its scent. The taste is fine, but really smacks of malts, malts and more malts, with a slight astringency, a mild dose of booze, and a shell of chocolate flavor coating the whole thing. I’m still missing the homemade stuff, but also wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this to a lay drinker. It’s simple but to me, very boring.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
ironchefscott (357) - portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 26, 2008
not a huge fan.....too carbonated for an strong ale....and the hoppy finish is kinda not so happy.....

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
jkaiser (279) - Orlando, Florida, USA - MAY 22, 2009
I didnít think much of the ale at beerfest last week in Orlando. It was labeled a winter beer on the table. Not as good as their lager

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
boomerbrew (143) - Texas, USA - JAN 9, 2010
12 oz bottle - Sweet malty aroma and flavor. Hoppy flavor with sweet bitter snap to the palate. Dark beer wtih small tan head. Pretty good overall.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
killjoy966 (677) - Washington, USA - NOV 4, 2010
6-pack from PCC. I thought I liked this beer more than it turns out I actually do. Pours a deep brown and smells slightly sour. Thereís a tang in it that I find unpleasant, however itís malty enough not to really bother me all that much. Pretty good bang for buck as far as ABV is concerned. Recommend BridgePortís Ebenezer for something that tastes similar but better.