overall

RATINGS: 652   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.47   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 56   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Brewed for the holiday season, Wassail is a delight with itís warm flavors and festive holiday packaging. Itís a lush, garnet colored winter ale that has a malty full-body and a pleasant hoppy finish. Sure to warm the hearts of malt and hop lovers alike, Wassail is brewed with a 4 types of malts and is hopped with a special blend of imported hops.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
TURDFERGUSON (3961) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - NOV 21, 2012
Bottle. Cola brown with a thin tan head. Nose is light roast and spice. Similar flavor. Super meh, done da drayun.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - JAN 18, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 18, 2005 I donít know what I was expecting, but whatever it was it wasnít met. A dull, mixed-up and confusing brew. Seems undecided whether to let the malt stand first in line, or allow the hops to come front and center. A bitter, slightly acrid aftertaste doesnít help. Maybe adding some spices would help perk it up, but as it stands itís not much.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
pintsize (1042) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 25, 2007
11-13-07 bottle. Smells of raisins soaking in prune juice. Black color with decent head. Taste is a tart malty combo. Not very easy for me to drink - it just doesnít seem right. Finish is chalky and leaves me wanting to wash my mouth out. Overall, this beer reminds me of burning chalky prunes.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
morrdt (692) - Dirty Moí, North Carolina, USA - DEC 31, 2007
12 oz bottle from Broudyís at Jax Beach, FL. Pours a dirty brown color with a light head. Aroma is a bit malty, and a bit odd Taste is the same, I was not a big fan of this. Iím not sure what they are doing here, but it didnít work.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
BrockLanders (773) - Panama City, Florida, USA - DEC 28, 2007
bottle. Poured a translucent reddish-brown...minimal beige head. Not sure what this smells like...nuts maybe? Flavor is an even bigger mess.....blech. Old ale? Maybe thatís the style because they mashed whatever was lying around the brew facility the longest. The bottle says "Employee owned".....maybe they should pool their pennies and hire a brewer. Just because you drink beer doesnít mean you can brew it. I guess itís a bad sign when the commercial description has to mention "festive holiday packaging" as a íraison díetreí. Itís inconceivable that that this joint can make Old Boardhead yet still crank out crap like Wassail, Pale, Amber, Rip Curl, and Session Lager....incredible.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
obguthr (3923) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - JAN 23, 2011
Black olive nose. Clear garnet, medium yellow head, good lacing. Tea and black olive flavor. I had this before when it was fresher, but I didnít log a rating at that time. This time around, which isnít that long from the release, is not so good. It had a more malty and spicy charcter, but now it is dominated by olives. Ok beer, but tragically short shelf life.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
michaelinwa (600) - Bothell, Washington, USA - NOV 14, 2011
What aroma there is, is just odd and not at all pleasing, so right off the bat this beer is not inviting at all. The taste is true to the aroma; I just found it funky. I guess itís a roasted malt flavor, but who cares; itís icky.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Hulagai (14) - Myrtle Creek, Oregon, USA - DEC 3, 2005
A gastly winter holiday brew. Heavy on the malt and bitter like a bad yeast culture. This brew makes my own bad brew attempts look better. The aroma and appearance are the best part. I have a six pack and will be giving the other 5 bottles to my enemies.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
mpbro (132) - Stanford, California, USA - DEC 27, 2002
(26Dec2002--draft) UGH! What the hell happened here?! Starts with an amazingly frothy, super lacy, super creamy head, which, equally amazingly, neither persists nor adds much effervescence to the beer. Still, these sins are forgivable. But what was up with the CHLORINE? It started assaulting my nose, and the assault intensified once it hit my taste buds. Heavily bittered, though with a thin mouthfeel and a strong resemblance to iced tea. Dark, in the same way that Full Sail Ale. A very disappointing experience. Perhaps I will try it in a bottle. I did not finish my pint.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
ZiggyG (131) - Gladstone, Oregon, USA - FEB 28, 2007
Bottle. Pours amber with white fluffy head. Leaves lacing. A lot of sourness in both the aroma and the flavor. I hope this is just a bad batch because it is terrible, all six of the pack were the same (I guess that attests to the fact that it was drinkable).