overall
Brewed by Fullerís
Style: Porter
London, England

RATINGS: 2502   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.95   IBU: 33   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Bottle and keg (USA): Pasteurised.
Fullerís London Porter, is widely regarded as the Worldís Finest Porter: having won awards all over the world, London Porter is regularly voted the number one Porter on beer websites such as www.ratebeer.com, a tremendous accolade to our brewing team. Rich, dark and complex, at 5.4% ABV the beer has an outstanding depth of flavour.
It is brewed from a blend of Brown, Crystal and Chocolate malts for a creamy delivery balanced by traditional Fuggles hops.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
BBB63 (5741) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - JUN 19, 2003
Dark reddish/brown hue, small tan rocky head, some lacing, medium to full bodied. Heavy roasted malt aroma with hints of molasses, dark chocolate and espresso. Somewhat of a ruby port quality to it. Very nice. The flavor matches the aroma and has just enough bitterness to balance out the heavy malts. Beautiful mouthfeel, creamy and oily, soft carbonation and a moderate alcohol finish. Hint of smoke lingers on the palate. An exceptional beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
nick35 (12) - USA - JUN 18, 2003
Sort of a milk porter: very well balanced between malt sweetness and roast. No hops flavor. At first it reminded me of licking a cold BBQ grill, but in a good way.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bac080 (398) - Boardman, Ohio, USA - JUN 17, 2003
Very smooth and malty. I'm drinking it 2 months after the 'best by' date and it's still excellent.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JUN 16, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 11, 2004 Lovely Coco flavor with light hints of vanilla and Blue Mountain Coffee! Ė Not an overly monstrous coffee and chocolate finis.. dry and roasty! Ė Great Stuff!

Hats off to the brewers at Fullers that originated this fantastic London Porter. I am very impressed by this beer; I believe it is one of the best porters that I have ever come by. What a nice rich malted flavor with hints of coffee, chocolate, toffee, & motor oil, Ok, maybe not motor oil. Very nicely put together.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jjw2000 (72) - USA - JUN 16, 2003
Very dark brown color with a substantial light brown head. Rich slightly roasted aroma of chocolate. Rich and crisp roasted flavor of chocolate/cocoa and coffee is slightly bitter. Similarly, finish is clean and roasted and a bit dry. Palate is medium-full bodied, fairly smooth, and silky.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
AlabastorJones (800) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 15, 2003
I was really impressed by this porter, thin white head, dark dense appearance, smells strongly of coffee and roasted malts, the flavor is a delicious blend of nuts caramel and chocolate. This is a fine example of a porter.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DerBiermeister (586) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - JUN 14, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 17, 2004 Rave reviews for this beer? I don't understand it. Are we talking about the same beer? I wrote the name down when I tried it, so yes. True this is a complex beer, but it tastes like something I don't like - hard liquor. It tastes like they literally put hard liquor in it. Bleh. If I want hard liquor I will go and drink that, but I want beer. Overall, the taste is overpowering and repulsed my taste buds. My beer connossieur friend Travis also agreed that it was not a good beer. This beer, along with Hoegaarden and Blue Moon of Kentucky is a beer I have no desire to drink again. Let's re-cap. The aroma is beerish, but misleading since it doesn't really taste like beer. The appearance is the best thing about it, for it looks good. The flavour however tastes of whiskey and the palate of chocolate and coffee. My overall impression is very negative on this one. I really don't think it deserves a 99 rating. Second rating: The first rating was unfair. This beer tastes better at a slightly warmer temperature, which brings out its enjoyable porter attributes more and somehow makes it seem smoother. Still not deserving of a 99, but quite good and tryworthy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
BierBauch (784) - Cape Coral Waterfront Wonderland, Florida, USA - MAY 28, 2003
Porter-brown with a light tan head. Aroma is roasted malt and chocolate with an alcohol presence. Very smooth and creamy. One of the creamiest porters I've had recently. Crisp and only slightly bitter. This is one of the finest Porters I've had the pleasure of knowing. I'm not real high on English bottles but this is an outstanding example. Flavor is rich and nearly perfect for it's style. Chocolate stands out with hops complimenting roasted malt.

vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 23, 2003
Has a very dark brown color with some carbonation and a roasted/chocolate smell. Taste is roasted malts/chocolate and finishes with a slight bitterness. Overall a very good porter.

Mads Langtved (2245) - Copenhagen K, DENMARK - MAY 18, 2003
This is a serious brew. Strong choccolate notes in the flavor. It is still not too heavy and it surely lives up to it's name.