overall
Brewed by Fullerís
Style: Porter
London, England

RATINGS: 2634   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.94   IBU: 33   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Bottle and keg (USA): Pasteurised.
Fullerís London Porter, is widely regarded as the Worldís Finest Porter: having won awards all over the world, London Porter is regularly voted the number one Porter on beer websites such as www.ratebeer.com, a tremendous accolade to our brewing team. Rich, dark and complex, at 5.4% ABV the beer has an outstanding depth of flavour.
It is brewed from a blend of Brown, Crystal and Chocolate malts for a creamy delivery balanced by traditional Fuggles hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
steview (1026) - San Francisco, California, USA - NOV 22, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 28, 2004 great aroma, some specialty chocolate pastry. mm, the taste is a bit off to me though... it's a bit too acidic for me, strange, in a way that is similiar to great divide's saint brigid's porter. otherwise, there is a body too thin anyway, like killian's red. flavor: roasted coffee, chocolate/caramel. semi-sweet. hm, overrated? i'd rather have anchor's porter. UPDATE: i had this after a rogue chocolate sweet stout and i can say that this is definitely roasty and dark, smooth and cremey, chocolately and delicious. acidity? none. watery? yes. i'll bump it up a bit, seems like a gotta fair bottle :o)

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
y0cola (361) - fremont, California, USA - NOV 22, 2003
Smells of wheaty rye bread and coffee notes. Beautiful dark brown color with small short head, but i poured it pretty cold. Deep coffee flavor with chocolate, rye and some dirt (but in a good way) hints.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
mutant (854) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - NOV 20, 2003
Dark ruby colour looks fantastic. Malty and vinuous aroma. Big black coffee taste with some underlying fruitiness. Fairly roasty and thick. Just the right amount of bitterness and not too overroasted. Beautiful, exceptional, what Porters and Stouts should aspire to be. Thanks Clark VV

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
FlacoAlto (3810) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 17, 2003
As I pour this beer fruit notes escape from the glass. As I stick my nose further in I get roasted notes of coffee and more of the fruitiness. A thick light brown head tops this fairly clear beer, which is dark brown in color with ruby notes as it is held up to the light. This beer has an incredible creamy mouthfeel to it. It is lightly sweet with a roast character in the finish. There is a very good balance between the roast character and the fruit notes. This is a wonderfully balanced beer, certainly one of the best Porters out there. The smooth creamy body of this beer is amazing.

Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 15, 2003
I've been loooking at this beer in the store forever and always seem to turn my nose up at it,first it was because it doesn't look that great then because it is always there and easy to get so i figured this weekend i would finally try it.Nice black color,small uneventful head that had a decent amount of staying power but nothing spectacular.Roasty malt and coffee aroma with a bit of chocolate,maybe a slight hint of fruit.the flavor was much better then expected,malty and coffeeish with a nice semi-sweet chocolate taste and a faint fruit presence,the fruit being a dried fruit maybe plum or raisin.but since i don't eat either one i'm just guessing from what i know of the smell of the two.The after taste is malty and coffee with a light chocolate hint.This is a damn decent brew,makes me wish i picked up more then the one,but hey it pretty easy to get.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
AHouse (18) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - NOV 14, 2003
Rich with a subtle chocolate, coffee flavour. Goes done easy and leaves even easier. Did someone say smooth, yes.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
heemer77 (5106) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - NOV 10, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 4, 2009 New bottle rating. Woody sweet nose with some tobacco and milk chocolate hints. The taste is lightly roasted with wood and coffee. Overall, a pleasant easy drink, but fairly light and thin. Not as sweet in the bottle as I thought on tap. I have had this on tap and am not as impressed as I once was. Still a light body, but it has a sweet note that distracts and it is fairly thin its body. Old rating follows. Nice light porter. Best I have had in a bottle. Nice balanced and complex flavor. Has some roasted noted and a nice woody feel. A dry coffee finish complements the solid beer. Would love to try this on tap.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
DKlovesbeer (172) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - NOV 9, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 5, 2004 This impressive beer is obviously brewed using magic. I imagine a wizard in some London castle churning the stuff out from bubbling cauldrons. Had it on tap and was impressed by the thick, creamy head. I think that if left alone the head may have lasted forever. And don't even get me started on the perfect coffee color of this magnificant brew. Alright, if I seem a little over excited let me just explain that this was the first porter I have experienced on draught and until now I have not understood the true potential of a porter. I am already a big stout fan though so I can cetainly appreciate the chocolate malt flavor and the rich malt aroma that acompanies this beer but what I was not expecting was the perrfectly balanced crisp hops finish. That finish dazzled and delighted me like few beers every have. This is a beer that knows what it is doing and does it very well. I think the greatest single aspect of this beer is the way it matures in the glass. With every sip it seems to evolve, to develop deeper and more meaningful complexity. I understand from the buddy who shared this experience with me that this beer might take some time to grow on you. I say, if you are going to let anything grow on you let it be Fullers London Porter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ztrvz (218) - st paul, Minnesota, USA - NOV 9, 2003
definitely creamy. initially sweet and caramelly until the hops take over. the slight bitterness gives way to dry, subtle coffee-chocolatey-goodness in the end.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
jsquire (3538) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - NOV 7, 2003
Clear mahogany red color glowing in the glass with a frothy tan head that left good lace. Nose of tea, coffee and chocolate. Very smooth mouthfeel. Lots of dusty bitter chocolate in the taste, with vanilla, licorice and an almost smokey nuttiness. Smokey bitter hop finish. Much better warm.