overall
Brewed by Fullerís
Style: Porter
London, England

RATINGS: 2502   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.95   IBU: 33   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Bottle and keg (USA): Pasteurised.
Fullerís London Porter, is widely regarded as the Worldís Finest Porter: having won awards all over the world, London Porter is regularly voted the number one Porter on beer websites such as www.ratebeer.com, a tremendous accolade to our brewing team. Rich, dark and complex, at 5.4% ABV the beer has an outstanding depth of flavour.
It is brewed from a blend of Brown, Crystal and Chocolate malts for a creamy delivery balanced by traditional Fuggles hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - SEP 26, 2002
This is terribly complex. In one six pack, I had the following experiences: the first had this tremendous (and welcome) chargrill taste with coffee in the back; the second bottle was coffee up front, with one of the longest finishes imaginable, the coffee unfolding and showing so many different sides; on the third bottle, I experienced sweet vanilla and chocolate milk shake flavors dried out marvelously by the darker grain astringency. Each had a remarkable mouthfeel--I think the perfect viscosity for the style. I canít wait to see what the other 3 bottles will be like.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 26, 2002
I think that I may have had an old bottle of this because it didnít appeal to me like it seems to appeal to everyone else. Nice ruby red/black color, tan/white head, nice burnt flavor, but something makes me like Sam Smithís Taddy Porter better.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Linc (737) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - SEP 25, 2002
Loved the deep, deep red colour of this brew. Strong aroma of black roast malt reminiscent of a heavy stout. Upon first tasting, quite bitter, strong mocha flavour too, mellows to a more chocolatey sensation mid-palate with lingering bitterness. Unfortunately this beer doesnít have a great deal of body, as evidenced by the rather fragile head, itís smooth as milk but quite thin. Goes well with full cream vanilla ice cream and rich chocolate sauce. Thanks Dogbrick.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
rlhubley99 (36) - Austin, Texas, USA - SEP 23, 2002
This really is a great beer. Definitely should not be served too cold, as the taste gets MUCH better as it approaches room temp. I noticed bits of coffee and maybe just the slightest hint of choclate. The head was not as creamy or thick as I had expected. The color is a deep, deep mahogany, or maybe more of a ruby black. Will definitely be buying more of this

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
stoutosaurus (157) - Clinton, Mississippi, USA - SEP 21, 2002
Black gold. I wish I could swim in a pool filled with Fullers Porter. The best porter Iíve ever had.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
apoptosis (1317) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 20, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 11, 2003 Re-rate February '03: There is something missing in this beer that I thought was there last fall. Although coffee and chocolate delightfully infiltrate the flavor, this beer seems less full-bodied to me than I once thought. The finish is more dry/bitter than I remember too. It's a really good beer, but not quite worthy of my original 4.5 rating. September '02: This is quickly becoming one of my favorite dark beers. Very dark color, very rich tastes, especially of black coffee. Not much head retention though.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Sickboy282 (1115) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 18, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 30, 2004 Rerate- This beer, the second time around was much better than I had expected. As it warms more flavors of roasted coffee and chocolate come through with just the right amount of bitterness.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
notalush (4631) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 18, 2002
Heavy aroma of coffee, but not much of a head. Very smooth with a wonderful dark roasted coffee flavor. Like french roast as a beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
kaaskop99 (16) - escondido, California, USA - SEP 16, 2002
I had my hopes up high for this beer but was disappointed;too much astringency from the roasted malts. Their ESB is stellar and should get this rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
albertk99 (12) - Denton, Texas, USA - SEP 15, 2002
Thick rich flavour, Roasty coffee flavors, apparent without being overbearing. A smooth perfectly balanced porter.