overall
Brewed by Fullerís
Style: Porter
London, England

RATINGS: 2584   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.94   IBU: 33   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Bottle and keg (USA): Pasteurised.
Fullerís London Porter, is widely regarded as the Worldís Finest Porter: having won awards all over the world, London Porter is regularly voted the number one Porter on beer websites such as www.ratebeer.com, a tremendous accolade to our brewing team. Rich, dark and complex, at 5.4% ABV the beer has an outstanding depth of flavour.
It is brewed from a blend of Brown, Crystal and Chocolate malts for a creamy delivery balanced by traditional Fuggles hops.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
greco (41) - Zeeland, Michigan, USA - JAN 30, 2003
Bottled. Light bodied aroma. Creamy, produced nice head. Hints of Chocolate but more coffee than I typically like. Very light in hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
FezMonkey (268) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 30, 2003
Pouring this beer is half the fun, I love to watch the bubbles rise and form the head. The head is thick and long lasting and sits on top of the dark ruby red beer. The aroma drew me right in and I had to taste it right from the bottle. I couldn't wait for the head do go down and I wasn't disappointed by the rich chocolate taste. Palate is smooth with no aftertaste other than the wonderful residual chocolate flavor. I my have just replaced for Youngs Double Chocolate, my ex favorite beer.

goz (359) - Chelmsford, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 29, 2003
Very dark ruby pour, medium tan, creamy head, slowly diminishing to leave good lacing. Aroma is strong, with dark choocolate, roasted cofee, and caramel taking the lead. Flavor follows, with the coffee taking the initial lead, followed by hints of caramel, and finishing with a long lasting dark chocolate taste. Very solid mouthfeel, light carbonation on the tongue, and that long lasting flavor keeps you remembering what you just drank for a while afterwards.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BeerPrince (1701) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 25, 2003
This beer has taste. The smell of chocolate and cream are backed up by the intense taste. This is coffee, chocolate and beer combined at its best. This will be my dinner tonight. I will likely not buy guiness again after this wonder. Goes down so smooth. This will be the warm-up beer from now on.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
DallasBryan (111) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 24, 2003

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
daboskabouter (1470) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 23, 2003
Dark brown, light tan head. Aroma is hard to come by, a little malt, some sweetness. Nice coffee notes in the body, some roast. Smooth, but finishes rather sweet and a bit thin.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
redlem (1301) - Ohio, USA - JAN 23, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 24, 2006 Tan head, very dark brown color, aroma of roasted chocolate. Taste is slightly bitter enhanced by a slight sweetness. No aftertaste. My second favorite porter next to Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
PrinceofNessus (236) - Norman, Oklahoma, USA - JAN 22, 2003
An excellent porter. It's color is extreamly dark, it's taste is pleasing, not sweet but bearing a hint of chocolate.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JAN 18, 2003
Tan, creamy head, mostly diminishing. Fairly dark mahogoney, but so dark as most porters I've had. Wonderful aroma of coffee beans and chocolate. It makes my mouth water. So smooth drinking my jaw dropped after the first sip. Sweetness gives way to light coffee to acidic coffee finish. This stuff is fantastic. Not only that it is a bargain, it was only 2.79 at my local store. It is easy to see why this porter is rated so highly. For once this isn't a case of people being afraid to rate something poorly because everyone else has rated it well. This is a well crafted beer, one I'll drink many times in the future.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JAN 18, 2003
I thought this was overall a very good porter. A little flat and dry, with slightly choclately undertones, did not leave a bad aftertaste.