overall
Brewed by Fullerís
Style: Porter
London, England

RATINGS: 2586   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.94   IBU: 33   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Bottle and keg (USA): Pasteurised.
Fullerís London Porter, is widely regarded as the Worldís Finest Porter: having won awards all over the world, London Porter is regularly voted the number one Porter on beer websites such as www.ratebeer.com, a tremendous accolade to our brewing team. Rich, dark and complex, at 5.4% ABV the beer has an outstanding depth of flavour.
It is brewed from a blend of Brown, Crystal and Chocolate malts for a creamy delivery balanced by traditional Fuggles hops.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Zach Diesel (906) - Sisters, Oregon, USA - FEB 1, 2003
rich sweet vanilla aroma, full bodied lavishing licorice and bitter choclate, a liquid dream

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Kasteelfreak (341) - Fallbrook, California, USA - JAN 31, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 7, 2003 Best porter I've ever had. There's a lot of silkiness going on here. Silky molasses, coffee, roasted malt flavors. Has a lingering chocolaty, cocoa smoothness. Makes me want to explore English beer, and I've never liked English beer. Rerate: Reminds me of a fine dopplebock. I would like to compare this to Ayinger Celebrator. I think they would taste similar, and the Fuller's would be better. ReReRate: I just finishing this thing up, and it is truely awesome.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
greco (41) - Zeeland, Michigan, USA - JAN 30, 2003
Bottled. Light bodied aroma. Creamy, produced nice head. Hints of Chocolate but more coffee than I typically like. Very light in hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
FezMonkey (268) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 30, 2003
Pouring this beer is half the fun, I love to watch the bubbles rise and form the head. The head is thick and long lasting and sits on top of the dark ruby red beer. The aroma drew me right in and I had to taste it right from the bottle. I couldn't wait for the head do go down and I wasn't disappointed by the rich chocolate taste. Palate is smooth with no aftertaste other than the wonderful residual chocolate flavor. I my have just replaced for Youngs Double Chocolate, my ex favorite beer.

goz (359) - Chelmsford, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 29, 2003
Very dark ruby pour, medium tan, creamy head, slowly diminishing to leave good lacing. Aroma is strong, with dark choocolate, roasted cofee, and caramel taking the lead. Flavor follows, with the coffee taking the initial lead, followed by hints of caramel, and finishing with a long lasting dark chocolate taste. Very solid mouthfeel, light carbonation on the tongue, and that long lasting flavor keeps you remembering what you just drank for a while afterwards.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BeerPrince (1701) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 25, 2003
This beer has taste. The smell of chocolate and cream are backed up by the intense taste. This is coffee, chocolate and beer combined at its best. This will be my dinner tonight. I will likely not buy guiness again after this wonder. Goes down so smooth. This will be the warm-up beer from now on.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
DallasBryan (111) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 24, 2003

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
daboskabouter (1470) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 23, 2003
Dark brown, light tan head. Aroma is hard to come by, a little malt, some sweetness. Nice coffee notes in the body, some roast. Smooth, but finishes rather sweet and a bit thin.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
redlem (1301) - Ohio, USA - JAN 23, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 24, 2006 Tan head, very dark brown color, aroma of roasted chocolate. Taste is slightly bitter enhanced by a slight sweetness. No aftertaste. My second favorite porter next to Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
PrinceofNessus (236) - Norman, Oklahoma, USA - JAN 22, 2003
An excellent porter. It's color is extreamly dark, it's taste is pleasing, not sweet but bearing a hint of chocolate.