overall
Brewed by Fullerís
Style: Porter
London, England

RATINGS: 2503   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.95   IBU: 33   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Bottle and keg (USA): Pasteurised.
Fullerís London Porter, is widely regarded as the Worldís Finest Porter: having won awards all over the world, London Porter is regularly voted the number one Porter on beer websites such as www.ratebeer.com, a tremendous accolade to our brewing team. Rich, dark and complex, at 5.4% ABV the beer has an outstanding depth of flavour.
It is brewed from a blend of Brown, Crystal and Chocolate malts for a creamy delivery balanced by traditional Fuggles hops.

Greybeerd99 (2) - Bristol, Connecticut, USA - JUN 20, 2002 does not count
A unique and wonderful experience, not just for a porter, but one of the best beers Iíve tasted. A rich, smooth, toffee flavor that marks this beer as a must-have on the island.

Trappist (284) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - NOV 23, 2002
This is with out a doubt, true porter! This is what it is all about! A dark rich color with hints of chocolate, and coffee. And slight taste of a nuttiness. Smooth and creamy. I will drink again, and it is now on my list of top ten.

crazyvin (1859) - New York, USA - SEP 5, 2003
A really robust porter. I poured a dark brown/amber color with a nice biege head. Aroma had hints of malty goodness and sweet chocolate and caramel notes. Initial taste was robustly malty and finshed with a creamy coffee taste with a mildly sweet maple syrup notes. This beer was fantastic.

MaltheadTim (2) - USA - FEB 16, 2004 does not count
This is a perfect porter. If you are one of the lucky ones who is able to get this on tap (try the Goat Hill Tavern in Costa Mesa, CA), you'll wonder why it's not available in more locations. Excellent chocolatey flavor - a treat for Maltheads everywhere!

xenthem0nk (101) - Oregon, USA - MAR 13, 2005
Thus far, I have never had a Porter that comes remotely close to comparing with this one. Pours black cherry red when held up to the light, with about an inch think light tan head. The aroma was heavy butterscotch, chocolate, and caramel x10. I was not expecting that fullness in the nose at all. Made me so anxious to taste it, I got the chills HAH. The taste is dry chocolate and roasted malts, but with an immediate chewiness in the mouth noticable even before swallowing. Definately can taste the flavors that are in the nose. The mouthfeel is what sold me on the perfection of this Porter. I couldnít believe how creamy it was. My tongue was confusing it with the thickness or smoothness of melted butter. Can taste mellow hop notes as it finishes. All in all, I havenít decided, but this very well be my favor brew to date, everything just fit right with it.

GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - JUN 8, 2006
Now this is a Porter to be reckoned with. Iím telling you man, I will judge all porters, excluding Baltic styles, by this specimen. Pours coffee black w/ full creamy tan froth. Aroma of dark cocoa, roasted coffee beans, vanilla, and leather. Full nectar w/ soft residual effers. Dry with complex flavors of dark cocoa, roasted coffee and nuts, leather, cigars, and vanilla bean. The finish is perfectly bittered for your next sip. Overall: Well ballanced, complex, perfection. I wanted for nothing. I loved it, highly recommended.

TMANAZ (8) - Arizona, USA - OCT 8, 2007 does not count
UPDATED: OCT 22, 2007 I fell in love with this Porter Nicely Balanced, Nice dark Pour, Chocolate and Roasted Coffee, not bitter. Good Cold but I like it warmer. excellent Porter and my favorite of the many Iíve tried.
Earlier Rating: 10/8/2007 Total Score: 5
This was my favorite Porter. One day I visted my local shop and found they didnít carry this fine Porter any longer. I was told to try another store that carried a larger variety of imports. I was advised from the person looking it up in his stock book that Fullers London Porter was No longer made. A sad day for this Porter Lover. I will Not go back to Domestic beer and will try some other Porters or quit drinking all together. If anyone has info on this fine Porter, please post

DeadGuyFrank (347) - http://westchesterbeer.com, USA - OCT 29, 2007
Wow! What a awesome beer - smooth, rich, coffee and chocolate and deliciously (and dangerously) easy drinking....a perfect porter.

Wulfstan (509) - California, USA - JAN 28, 2008
UPDATED: JUN 9, 2008 From the bottle, this is nice, rich, and a bit high on the chocolate end for a porter. It is almost black red-brown with a medium, dense, long-lasting tan head that leaves some good, creamy lacing. The smell is at first rich, ceamy milk chocolate, then this becomes more subdued and mocha-like, joined by toasted brown bread, hints of prunes and caramel, being full and sweet. The taste is predominantly toast and a rich milk chocolate (rather than bitter dark chocolate) mocha, with elements of fruit, especially prunes, caramel, and a hint of coffee. Despite these traits, and the heavily toasty, caramelized quality, it does not taste burnt at all, lacking any acrid quality, and is very smooth and even throughout, with great sweet-bitter balance. Itís smooth and thick, a bit oily.

gonzo46and2 (108) - Tampa, Florida, USA - MAY 24, 2008
The Porter. Great aroma of chocolate, caramel, coffee, bread, cake... Just huge. Not for hop heads. Light body and low ABV make this a session alternative to most impy stouts.