overall
Style: Premium Bitter/ESB
London, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 1922   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Pasteurised bottle, can and keg (4.1% in the UK, 4,7% for export).
Outstanding Premium Ale.
"London Pride is a smooth and astonishingly complex beer, which has a distinctive malty base complemented by a rich balance of well developed hop flavours from the Target, Challenger and Northdown varieties in the brew."
Michael Jackson 500 Classic Brews

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
SJP (483) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 10, 2002
Mmmmmmmm, malt. A very smooth, easy to drink beer. I particularly enjoyed the nice sweet malt finish to it. For an easy drinking beer, it doesnít get much better than this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
beerlovinman99 (124) - USA - JUL 9, 2002
Itís not really a complex beer -- itís a rather malty bitter, and the more enjoyable because itís malty!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - JUL 9, 2002
One of my favorites. Nice copper color with good head retention and lacing. Smooth, balanced flavor. A great English beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - JUL 5, 2002
I had this in a bottle. It poured a large, creamy head, and left lace all the way down the glass.The color was a nice orange-brown. This is one of my favorite beers. Great with a sandwich and fries!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 4, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 22, 2003 carmel like aroma arising from a golden color topped with a thin bubbly head, very malty flavor with some hops thrown in, but malts dominate if you ask me, I wouldn't call it astonishingly complex as the description notes, But I would say it has a pleasant carmel apple-like taste to it that is pretty pleasing,

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
dolemike1 (1288) - Jeannette, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 3, 2002
Impressive beer, nice copper color with a fine malty caramel flavor with a nice hop finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
jazz88 (2542) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 29, 2002
Bottle. Nice bitter buterscotch aroma. A crisp, dry, slightly metallic, and watery beer with a little hop bite but nothing much else going for it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
shoestring (261) - larkhall, SCOTLAND - JUN 28, 2002
UPDATED: NOV 22, 2013 I was really looking forward to this after reading reviews. I was disappointed in it to a certain extent(may be expecting too much). Donít get me wrong, I didnít dislike it, but it just thought something was lacking. Overall just slightly too íthiní a beer, for want of a better word. Iím off to buy and try some other Fullers stuff.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
krisfleet (130) - Sharon, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 26, 2002
I have had much better. This beer isnít bad, but it isnít exactly amazing either. Nothing really sticks out. It just really simple.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Jokes (1453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 25, 2002
I didnít think too highly of this one. I didnít notice anything to speak of outside the malt. It didnít seem very balanced. Perhaps its my balance that is out of whack, but I just didnít dig this one.