Fullerís Vintage Ale 1999

Style: English Strong Ale
London, England

RATINGS: 388   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Bottle Conditioned.
The Champion theme was used once again for this classic Vintage Ale with Champion Fuggles and Champion Optic malt. Slightly redder in appearance, this ale is full of body with a sherry-like flavour.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BuKKet99 (39) - Republic of Texas, USA - DEC 30, 2001
Comes in a pretty box. Strangely fruity tasting and smells wonderful.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
malika (36) - SWITZERLAND - APR 15, 2005
6 years old
Beautiful red-amber color. Some alcohol nose, honey and malt. Quite bitter mouthfeel, well balanced; a honey touch; the hop is not very aromatic.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
senjiro (35) - Wheat Ridge, Colorado, USA - NOV 17, 2002
delicous. a perfect bottle conditioned ale. sweet cherry-oak malt. mild but defined aftertaste. long lasting foamy head, slightly murky amber color. a real treat.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
brian1233 (30) - North Augusta, South Carolina, USA - APR 13, 2003
Not bad. I was expecting better. I wasn't exactly concentrating while tasting this brew, but didn't stand up to my expectations. It was still a great beer.

garv (24) - dalton, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 15, 2002
I finally got my hands on some. this beer did not disappoint. the beer backs all the hype; full flavored, complex, warming. I drank it at about 58 degrees which is how i prefer a hearty beer. The last little sip i forgot to finish at the end of the night even tasted good the next morning....

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
hophound (23) - Surprise, Arizona, USA - MAR 19, 2003
Very appealing alcohol/malt aroma. Dark brownish red color, moderate light brown head. full bodied mouth feel.Dominant malt and alcohol flavours. I was somwhat disappointed with this beer. Not as flavourful as I expected it to be.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
gerome (21) - FRANCE - NOV 1, 2009
The aroma is sweet malty with notes of alcohol and caramel. The color is dark amber and it has a small fast disappearing head. The flavor is sweet and malty with strong notes of caramel.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dorkasaurus (15) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 2, 2003
I recently drank my last bottle and I'm looking forward to finding the 2000-2002 vintages. Full full nose and barly-winy. Very clean finish and near perfect color. I wish I had the proper glass for enjoying this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
madlizzie (12) - ENGLAND - DEC 28, 2006
Toffee tasting with a welcome alcoholic bite. Someone said butterscotch flavor and I would have to agree. Full body. Cool packaging. Soon will try the 2000 and 2001.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
brkc (11) - USA - APR 11, 2005
This is the one that got me hooked on fine ale. I donít know how it could get any better than this.