Fullerís Vintage Ale 1999

Style: English Strong Ale
London, England

RATINGS: 386   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Bottle Conditioned.
The Champion theme was used once again for this classic Vintage Ale with Champion Fuggles and Champion Optic malt. Slightly redder in appearance, this ale is full of body with a sherry-like flavour.

legion242 (2142) - Richardson, Texas, USA - SEP 5, 2001
(1999 tasted 2001) Unbeleivable. I canít beleive how great this was. I am glad that I have 6 more!! WEW!!

garv (24) - dalton, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 15, 2002
I finally got my hands on some. this beer did not disappoint. the beer backs all the hype; full flavored, complex, warming. I drank it at about 58 degrees which is how i prefer a hearty beer. The last little sip i forgot to finish at the end of the night even tasted good the next morning....

ARMed (597) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 1, 2003
No. 58070 (1999): Absolutely one of the most memorable ales that I have ever had. I had to give this a perfect score. I never thought I would do so, but this beer was incredible. Extremely vinous in overall uniqueness, body, taste and flavor. Sipped this beer while watching John Wayne portray Sean Thorton in the historic "Quite Man". Absolutely loved this classic brew. It had an extremely aromatic blossom with fruity and floral overtones. The taste had a subtle fruity (blueberry, plum, grapes) taste. It was extemely soft and velvety with a uniqueness that I have never experience. Subtle, warming, soothing, unobtrusive, relaxing, phenomenal. Alcohol was well hidden yet warming. There is not enough words to describe the feeling of drinking this perfect beer. Anyone have a case of this for sale? If so, please send me an e-mail. Thank you CaptainCougar for finding this for me. I can't wait to have another one of these. I loved this beer.

Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 19, 2003
Number 45092,It seems a shame to open a bottle of this magnatude,high quality nice box and just a fine brew all around.It poured a cloudy brown color,small off white head that faded some what quickly.Malty fruity aroma,decently sweet and some what of a wine like character in the aroma as well.The flavor is fantastic,smooth and fruity with a very nice malty side,sweet at first then changeing to a slight mild bitter and mild alcohol,It has a medium heavy feel in the mouth,but it works very nicely for this brew.I almost feel unworthy of this brew,but hell why should the royalty of the beer world be able to have this,give it to a pauper who can appreciate it more.The after taste is fruity and malt with a nice amount of alcohol.This brew really has it all IMO,flavor and balance abound in it,and thanks to the Secret Santa i have one more to sample later in a few years,but for this one i have to thank JPDIPSO for the wild flavor ride that it has provided.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
atiredblue99 (6) - huntington beach, California, USA - NOV 16, 2001 does not count
perfection. when i saw this at the store i neary fell over. i have 4 in my basement to store aswell. this beer isnít just marketed like a vector w8 but it taste like the gods made it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
uhorpheus (215) - houston, Texas, USA - DEC 16, 2002
The best beer Iíve ever had. Beautiful head, great color. Not as dark as I expected. Very complex aoma, reminds me of Belgian strong ales like Chimay. The taset was very complex, with many different hints of various spices. Aftertaste was magnificent. I canít think of anything critical to say about this beer. Iím just glad I found a bottle of of it today, since itís hard to find now. THE PERFECT BEER.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
waltdavis299 (1) - USA - JAN 19, 2003 does not count
The BEST ale I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying!!!!!!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
ericnixon (737) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 26, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 16, 2003 Bottle number 70,097. never bought a beer before that came in a box. kinda cool. Strong yeasty aroma with a touch of alcohol. beautiful brownish-reddish color. wonderful laid-back, smooth, complex malty/hoppy/yeasty taste. This is damn near perfection in a bottle.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
BBB63 (5943) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - OCT 12, 2003
#57487: Hazy dark copper hue with frothy off-white head and very good lace. Great aroma of apricot, apple, raisin, caramel, vanilla, aromatic hops, earthy yeast, sweet spice and oakwood. A minor aged rum like character to the brew. Wonderful mouthfeel that is lush and slighty oily leds to a sweet fruity and slighty smoky taste. Supporting hops and very well masked alcohol make this a wonderfully complex yet smooth drink. As it warmed up further, detected more spice and bread characteristic. Man, this is a treat for the senses! As good as the other Fullers vintages are, this one tops the chart. I am truly impressed by the wonderful smoothness yet overwhelming complexity of this beer. It is still available, so you must get some for yourself. You just can't have my other bottle! As close to beer perfection as I've ever had. Did I say that this beer is wonderful?

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
drpimento (2153) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 5, 2005
last had this when Bodega only had one bottle left and it went in my gut. Peaceably. Happily. What I remember is that is was very complex and every bit an example of the very best of this excellent brewery! I remember that it was very drinkable and yet I could easily sip on it for a while if Iíd a wished to. Iím going to wait for a while yet before I consume this one, hopefully itíll be shared with a beer lover. Maybe just a lover. This was a gift from Ron K., lifetime member of the good guy club. Thank you, Ron!