Fullerís Vintage Ale 2001

overall
Formerly brewed at Fullerís
Style: English Strong Ale
London, England

RATINGS: 190   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.73   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Bottle Conditioned.
Only 30,000 bottles were produced. Maris Otter malt and Goldings hops. The first year that all the ingredients were standard rather than champion.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
fatherpierre (62) - Leeds, ENGLAND - APR 10, 2002
Fantastic. A great depth of flavour, with an aroma to match. One to savour and drink slowly.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Heat99 (56) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 26, 2001
Sweet, malty, full-bodied, smooth, wonderful... This is an awesome brew. The head is great, as is the amber color in my glass. The aroma was sweet and inviting. Excellent beer...one of only 30,000 made this year (I guess they cut production). Gotta get some more before its all gone. I even turned the bottle upside down and shook it to make sure I got the last drop!

tallguy108 (34) - USA - JAN 16, 2003

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
sabrills70 (12) - Belville, North Carolina, USA - APR 15, 2003
Opened #2246. WOW!!! First aroma I got was a hint of whiskey. A second sniff was malt. Appearance is an orange amber with good carbonation and a thin long lasting head. Lots of flavors here. I first got a sweet raisin taste, then the hops then the bitter. Aftertaste was good, very subtle and enjoyable. It left my lips a bit sticky and warmed me up all the way down. I currently have one more bottle I will let age for another year or so, and plan on buying more as I have access to about 20 more bottles. I reccomend this one. It's worth the $6.99 I paid for it .

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
AstroAcks6 (11) - Texas, USA - NOV 10, 2012
Deep amber with a light head, smells like pure caramel with oxidation, Taste is much the same. For an 11 year old beer this had held up pretty wel

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Elteefor99 (10) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAR 11, 2002
Not bad. I was hoping for a little better based on the buzz about the 1999 vintage. Itís a tad strong, and feels more like whiskey when you drink it, but all in all, a good pint.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
danimal (10) - Denver, Colorado, USA - DEC 31, 2002
Bottle #03931 - Deep amber with an off-white head. Aroma is very sweet/malty with emphasis on alcohol. Mellow sweet malts and toffee from the start with King Alcohol dominating the middle, esters making a strong showing as well. The stong alcohol presence is a distraction to the great malt flavor, though with time it should subside. The more I drink the more it rounds out - a sumptuous beer with balls.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
fieret (9) - Sliedrecht, NETHERLANDS - JUN 7, 2003 does not count
No. 00788, very light head, no staying power. Brown, cloudy...nice. Fruit is good. Nice combination. Overall nice beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Menelaus (3) - USA - MAY 20, 2003 does not count
No. 17619 This year is going to be a winner after another three years in the celler. Strong start, Warming on the tongue and in the tummy. A little rough in the middle and a drop off on the finish. All this is going to improve with age. The aroma alone is worth the price on the bottle. I am going to keep a couple in the fridge and a couple at cellar temp and report back on which came out best.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
sharonandtony299 (3) - cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 7, 2002 does not count
An amazing tasting brew. I donít know if I have ever tasted, smelled or looked at a finer brew.