overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 63   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Named after a distinctive New Zealand hop, this single-hop saison has a subtle aroma of white grapes and a hint of spice from our house saison yeast. An addition of Muscat grape must during fermentation plays into the grape aromas from the hops and helps dry out the finish. This dry, refreshing saison pairs perfectly with warm weather!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
beastiefan2k (3547) - HdG (past: NYC, KS, Rain City), Maryland, USA - AUG 3, 2016
12oz capped bottle. I have to start by saying that I am a totally slut for Nelson Sauvin hops. I mean, I hate hop heads b/c I think hops are dumb as the main vehicle for beer. Of course, I have had beers where the I loved the hops but those few and far between. But NS hops always do it for me and I rarely get to drink the,. Well, this does not disappoint. Fresh cut melon and white grape aroma makes me atwitter with delight and makes me forgot the slightly overly sweet and boring base Belgian beer. Since NS is a less assertive hop its overwhelmed in the flavor but the thicker, more biscuity mat character. The maltiness isnít crazy over the top its just too strong for the NS hops. A very pale color with a moderate head that lasts a decent amount of time. Bottom line: I love the hop and can give or take the base beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Prufrockstar (1980) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 2, 2016
Sampler at Bricks. Keep seeing these bottles around, but keep passing them up for reasons I donít know. But here it is on draft and the sampler is relatively cheap, so nothing to stop me now. Hazy gold pour, thin film white head. Aroma is all bubblegum, flowers, melon and honey. Taste: moderately sweet; no real funk; bubblegum for days; lasting fruitiness with light pepper and moderate bitterness. Medium+ body, slick texture, lasting bitterness. Overall: odd balance of flavors -- doesnít gel for me, but also not bad. Iíll cautiously try more from these folks.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Oakes (15651) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 29, 2016
Very pale with a slight haze. Fruity, vinous and grapey. Big sugars tho. Dessert wine...so why not give it some botrytis and go all the way on it?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mcberko (14401) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 27, 2016
On tap at St Augustineís, pours a clear blonde with a small white head. Aroma brings out Belgian yeast upfront, followed by floral hops, and cereal malt sweetness. Flavour is well-balanced between the Nelson hops that given off a lovely citrusy, floral and almost vinous hop quality, along with Belgian yeast, fruity esters and light-moderate sweetness. Not an authentic saison really, due to the sweetness, but this is certainly nicely made.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ferris (12728) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 25, 2016
Draft - Lemon and nice fruit. Clear pale gold with a small head. Nice light, almost pineapple, sweetness and fruity notes. Solid.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
beerplace (776) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 25, 2016
On tap at St. Augustines on Rare Beer Tap Takeover. Very good beer with floral and grapes notes in aroma, taste and aftertaste. Fantasticly well-balanced. Amazing!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Nickls (2374) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - JUL 19, 2016
Tap. Fluffy white head with good lacing, clear light lemon yellow gold. Slight vanilla, hay, berry hops and savory malt in the aroma. Flavor is similar, Some melon, berry, hay, vanilla oat, just not all that rustic but nice. Lighter to medium slick body.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
kidmartinek (4664) - austin, Texas, USA - JUL 18, 2016
Very hazy yellow. Big, dense foamy thick white head. Full flavor but light and tart. Refreshing. You can tastes the hops on the finish as it warms a bit. I donít like Saison much but this one is pretty good

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BuckeyeBoy (5977) - Boise, Idaho, USA - APR 23, 2016
750ml bottle thanks to rich. pours out a cloudy yellow green almost topped with a white head. Nose is citrus lemongrass hops spice sourdough bread malts and soap. Taste is citrus lemongrass spice some white grapes notes and a nice end.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jzzbassman (1587) - Arlington, Texas, USA - MAR 19, 2016
Bottled. Pours gold with a fizzy quickly disappearing head. Best think about this is the nose, which has so much of that Nelson tropical fruit along with yeasty bubblegum. When we move to flavor, until it warms that phenolic banana is somewhat off-putting but that is a personal thing for me as itís a flavor I have never liked (hence my dislike of hefeweizens. I donít really taste the grape must but I wish it had finished drier.