Funky Buddha Banana Nut Ale

Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.05/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.82   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
dimenhetfield (2487) - , Florida, USA - OCT 6, 2011
On draft at the Buddha, I can’t remember when I had this exactly. I was super pumped to try this since I’m sort of sucker for Wells Banana Bread beer. However, this one sort of lacked in comparison. The aroma was there, bananas and sweet malt but the flavor was just lacking. Not enough banana presence in the flavor. Hopefully the Buddha guys can tweak the recipe a little.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
hopscotch (9113) - Indian River County, Florida, USA - OCT 4, 2011
Draft… Hazy caramel-colored ale with dirty orange highlights. The aroma is nearly nondescript. It’s really difficult for me to pull anything at all from the glass – maybe grain, butter, a hint of banana and walnut or pecan, but I just can’t say for certain. Far too subtle is the nose, but inoffensive as well. Medium to full-bodied with a 2%-milk mouthfeel and tickling carbonation. The flavor is quite sweet – too sweet – but does provide a nuance of banana nut bread. Dough, banana, some walnut or maybe pecan - they’re all restrained, but they’re there. I can dig it. Finishes with lingering sweetness. Too much sugar here. Some tweaks and this experiment could actually become something.