overall

RATINGS: 211   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.07   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%
Coffee Porter.
Evoking a complete diner-style breakfast in a glass, Maple Bacon Coffee Porter is a complex beer with a multitude of flavors at play. It pours an opaque ebony brew with a frothy tan head. Aromas of sticky maple syrup, coffee, and cream creep forth from the glass. The mouth feel is luxuriously creamy, with layers of sweet malt, toffee, and roast giving way to waves of smoke, coffee, and salted chocolate. It finishes sticky, rich, and sweet, with the flavor of maple syrup lingering pleasantly on the tongue.

SpongeRuiner's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
SpongeRuiner (865) - Michigan, USA - FEB 22, 2014
UPDATED: APR 1, 2014 Bottle from a trade. Extremely unique beer. Very fresh coffee bean aroma. Literally has every flavor described. Nice bacon smokiness. Maple flavors really finish it nicely. Really good stuff.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Steasy66 (1025) - Minnesota, USA - MAR 28, 2015
This beer is great. Figured I would hate it because of the smoke, but the smoke is subtle. The closest thing I have had to Mornin Delight, and I actually prefer this because I could actually drink more than a few oz without getting overwhelmed by sweetness. Aroma is great, rich sweet maple and hints of coffee. Flavor is first and foremost sweet, hints of smoke in the finish, some maple, a bit creamy. Body is thick but not viscous. Awesome.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Frank (3204) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 23, 2015
I figured I’d hate this novelty garbage but it’s pretty tasty and I think the brewer did exactly what they intended to so there’s that going for it. This is a surprisingly big tasting beer, would have pinned it as an imperial stout based on flavor, which is of course mostly derived from adjuncts but still. There’s lots of maple and this does come off as sweet but not too terribly heavy. There’s lots of coffee and a slight bit of smoke. It’s full bodied w/ medium, creamy carbonation. It is brown in color w/ a long lasting head. I dunno... this is not the kind of thing I’d drink every day but if you brought it to a party and handed out tasters, everyone would be talking about it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
johnnnniee (2656) - Bedford, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 22, 2015
One of a large number of samples I had at the Extreme Beer Fest in Boston 3/21/32014. Beautiful Beer!

pumpmaster (1199) - Pembroke Pines, Florida, USA - MAR 17, 2015
22 ounce bottle purchased at the brewery in Oakland Park, FL Excellent!!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
luttonm (2868) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAR 13, 2015
Bottle at Tasting, Seattle. Deep brown, big coffee aroma, sweet maple. A little vanilla. Cold, sweet, sharp. Medium body. Cold brew, syrup sweet. A little butterscotch. Thin minty finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
rdixon77 (1188) - Georgia, USA - FEB 28, 2015
Bottle at RBWG. Pretty great stuff…breakfast in a bottle. Poured black. Coffee, light bacon smoke, maple sweetness, some woodiness. Oily mouthfeel. Surprised it was only 6%. Awesome.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
WillRunForBeer (1090) - Massachusetts, USA - FEB 27, 2015
Rate #1000! January 2014 bottle shared with AirForceHops, Chalemaux and Amanda at home in my snooty drinking room. Pours nearly black with a beige head. I can already smell the maple and bacon as I pour this. Wow! Amazing aroma! Buckwheat pancakes with real maple syrup and a side of bacon. Breakfast is served! Flavor follows, but doesn’t quite live up to the nose. Still a great brew. Plenty of maple sugar, a bit of bacon and dark coffee bitterness to finish. A great brew that I would never guess was over a year old if I hadn’t cellared it myself.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
AirForceHops (3960) - Epping, New Hampshire, USA - FEB 27, 2015
Bottle thanks to Willrunforbeer. Great choice for his #1000th rate! Aroma is maple candy, sugar, coffee with cream and mild roast. Brian had this for a year and I would have NEVER has guessed it was a year old bottle. This stands the test of time. The flavor is huge coffee, maple sugar that has a oily (dare I say) bacon fat feel over the tongue. Gives a grease type feel for the essence bacon. I’m no longer easily impressed, this did indeed impress me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Chalumeaux (181) - Methuen, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 27, 2015
Poured from bottle thanks Willrunforbeer for sharing your 1000th rate. Color is dark brown with a beige head with lingering legs. Aroma is awesome. Sweet maple sugar candy, espresso and mild smoke. Taste is wonderful with a smooth mouth feel. Coffe up front followed by hints of cocoa and maple syrup. No bitterness in the finish. Quite a spectacular beer for being 1 year old. Kudos!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
kraddel (4251) - some beerplace, BELGIUM - FEB 25, 2015
Pours nearly black , clear , and no head . Scent is pure coffee , too much coffee . Taste is bit bitter , coffee, maple syrup sweetness ( which I like ) with a walnut-sidenote ( hmmm , reminds me a bit of kbbs ) I get the specification of Bacon as well , even though I’d probably never said anything about bacon if it were not in the tittle . Very interesting beer .... I do not like the scent , but the taste is really good !