Funky Buddha Muy Bonita
     click to upload

Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 5   MEAN: 4.32/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.45   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 294   ABV: 9.8%
Imperialized version of Bonita Applebum. More malt. More hops. More apples.

Keyes88's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Keyes88 (60) - New Jersey, USA - AUG 16, 2012
Wow. I thought the original was fantastic! This dark beer smells like an apple pie desert. The cinnamon and apple sweet aroma are just so amazing. Taste follows the nose with a larger body then the Bonita Applebaum. I would love to have this again with a holiday dinner. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
knickskicks (686) - - OCT 5, 2012
UPDATED: MAR 10, 2013 Tap at Funky Buddha’s 2nd year anniversary. Dark red, off white head. Nose is warm spiced apple pie. Taste is the same, with some vanilla. Really sweet, but not overly so. Smooth body. Of the dozen or so beers I tasted there, this was 1 of 3 or so that I found near flawless.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
biggsbowler (260) - Port St. Lucie, Florida, USA - OCT 3, 2012
Draft at the Funky Buddha 2nd Anniversary Party - Pours a murky, brown water, Med-full body, It smell great with apples, cinnamon, and vanilla, More apples and cinnamon with a good amount of crust from the pie, I really wanted to like this more and I love apple pie, but I think the higher abv hurt the balance of it. It was still quite good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
hopscotch (8893) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - AUG 18, 2012
Draft... Murky dark brown ale with a mid-sized, fluffy, khaki head and decent staying power. The nose provides loads of graham, cinnamon, caramel & vanilla. It’s reminicent of those deep-fried apple pies from McDonalds back in the day. There’s also some alcohol nipping at my nose. Full-bodied & fatty with tickling carbonation. The flavor also offers an array of components associated with those deep-fried apple pies, but apple skins, alcohol and hop bitterness cut nicely through the graham and apple sweetness without dumbing-down the abundant fruits, spices and malts. Finishes sweet and decadent. It’s so much richer and brighter after hitting room temperature, so I’ll take my sweet time with my next glassful - which is coming right up. If I was a bigger fan of apple pie, and the alcohol was a bit more tamed, this baby would be totally knocking it out of the park for me. Delicious nonetheless.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
dimenhetfield (2487) - , Florida, USA - AUG 16, 2012
On draft at the Buddha. Just when I thought Bonita Applebum couldn’t get any better they go ahead and brew this bad boy and blow my mind. Imagine if you will: Take a glass of Bonita Applebum and drop a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it. You’ve got Muy Bonita. Just outstanding!