Funky Buddha Piña Colada Wheat
     click to upload
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 48   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Our Pina Colada Wheat Ale is a tropical infusion that will make you feel like you’re poolside. We infuse this light wheat ale base with 100% real coconut and juicy pineapple. The result is a beer reminiscent of the classic beverage. Just one rule: no Rupert Holmes songs allowed at the bar.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
smith4498 (3283) - Miami, Florida, USA - NOV 12, 2011
Draft @ Treasure Coast beer fest. Smells and tastes like a pina colada. Pretty impressive for what it is. Medium body with average carbonation.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
hopscotch (10214) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 18, 2011
Draft… Hazy golden ale with a small, creamy, white head. It really does smell like a Pina Colada or Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil – pineapple puree and coconut. Medium-bodied with a buttery mouthfeel and prickly carbonation. Well-balanced flavor. Clean, like a lager. Suggestions of pineapple, coconut and a little butter. Finishes crisp and tropical. Not overdone. Very nice. A real refresher.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
glennmastrange (2464) - hobe sound, Florida, USA - FEB 5, 2012
Tap. Strong bready, doughy aromas overshadow the coconut essence and the pineapple is almost undetectable. I’m thinking this may have been sitting around too long. This is a fair rating for now since I don’t think it should’ve been served. If I try it again, I’ll re-rate it if it’s any better.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
burg326 (4812) - Florida, USA - NOV 1, 2011
On draft at the Funky Buddha, poured a hazy yellow, with aromas of wheat, and pina colada mix (almost like sun tan lotion). Flavor is coconut, wheat, and a huge pineapple aftertaste that is very pleasant. Wish this on the summer time, because this would be a real nice summer brew.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Ernesto987 (4866) - Arizona, USA - OCT 29, 2011
UPDATED: NOV 29, 2012 On draft at funky buddha, hahaha holly crap they nailed it. This is big pineapple and coconut flavors. I knew going in this was a scam, but they nailed it. Niiiiice!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
biggsbowler (568) - Port St. Lucie, Florida, USA - OCT 24, 2011
Draft - Treasure Coast Beer Fest - Im not a Pina Colada fan so it is a little hard for me to rate this beer. I will say it tastes just like a Pina Colada and everything that I hate about a Pina Colada. I got mostly pineapple in the nose with some coconut. The pineapple and coconut were nicely balanced in the taste. Appearance was a murky gold. It was a solid beer that would be great for the beach and perfect for Florida.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
darkguardian (727) - Florida, USA - SEP 30, 2011
Nose on this is crazy dead on. Well done. Murky pour. Light wheat flavor, flavor like the nose is dead on to what it is trying to be. LIght body, Overall very well done for what it is.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dimenhetfield (2487) - , Florida, USA - SEP 25, 2011
On draft for Funky Buddha’ s 1 year anniversary. I had no idea what to expect with this one since I’ve never order a pina colada but the pineapple coconut flavors drew me in and I was hooked. When Ryan says "pina colada" he means it. I passed it to my friend and didn’t tell her what it was and she nailed it first try. She goes "that’s a pina colada". Enough said.