overall

RATINGS: 39   MEAN: 4.24/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 315   ABV: 10.5%

deadheadbill (14) - Crystal River, Florida, USA - JUL 25, 2011
Pours very dark with a very very slight head. Immediately the aromas hit you maple, coffee, some smokiness. The taste is rich and luxurious with slightly sweet flavors resembling the aromas, coffee, maple, smoky bacon. Absolutely delicious. The mouthfeel is amazing, it coats your mouth in velvety richness. I could literally find nothing wrong with this beer. I wish there were 10,000 bottles.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
hopscotch (8534) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - JUN 27, 2011
DraftÖ This beer rocks!Ö Pours black with a small, creamy, khaki head. The nose is all about pure, deep roast Cuban or Kona coffee accompanied by gobs of maple syrup and a subtle nuance of crispy, smoked bacon. Full-bodied with a velvety mouthfeel and modest carbonation. Huge Cuban espresso and maple syrup flavor without the cloying sweetness I feared may rear its ugly head when I first heard they would be ďimperializingĒ the Maple Bacon Coffee Porter. Balanced nicely by what I can only assume are black malt, singed coffee and hops. Burnt, acrid, moderately bitter, espresso finish. Way too drinkable for a high abv beer. I had three glasses and could have drank more. Another world class beer from Kevin and Ryan at The Buddha!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
scottyshades (130) - Parkland, Florida, Florida, USA - SEP 20, 2012
Original batch, kindly poured by the man himself into a FB snifter A: Pours a big syrupy black color with a small khaki colored head. Retention isnít great, but with a high ABV it still looks evil S: Damn, tons of sweet maple, coffee, and some burnt bacon. Simply amazing. The maple adds a whole new dimension to this beer that I never thought was possible T: Much more balanced and refined that I expected. The bacon is less noticeable in the flavor, but the maple adds a pleasant flavor and balances the dark roast coffee. Thick body and dangerously drinkable. Not too much hop presence, but then again, thatís not what you would want in a beer like this. MF: Thick and chewy feel to it, sweet maple/coffee finish, low-medium carbonation. Alcohol is not detectable. O: Overall, this is an amazing beer worthy of its hype. I have not had but one chance to get to FB since I am at school in SC since they have become a world-class brewery, but I will definitely make the effort now. Great job Funky Buddha!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Slimbrundage (80) - USA - JUN 27, 2011
Been waiting for this one for months and it didnít disappoint one bit. Black with a ultra thin tan head that disipates quickly. The aroma is an intoxicating blend of sticky maple syrup and fresh brewed espresso with hints of bacon smoke, chocolate and figs. Slick oily mouthfeel with light carbonation. The flavor has everything the nose suggests and is extreamly drinkable for a 10.5 beer. Great beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
blomster (229) - GŲteborg, SWEDEN - OCT 20, 2011
Bottle, thanks a lot to darkguardian for this beauty! No 1 beer in a tasting with a lot of world class brews. Pours pitch black with a small, brown head. Absolutely INSANE aroma ! Nose picks up freshly ground dark roast coffee (best coffee aroma Iíve ever experienced in a beer), a bit of chili, crunchy burnt bacon, syrup, toasted bread. Taste of coffee, sweet maple syrup, dark, heavy roasted malt, chocolate. Full bodied, loooong finish, with all the different flavours lingering for a long time. A totally crazy beer that still somehow manages to be very balanced. Easily one of the best beers Iíve ever had. Love it. Need more!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
dimenhetfield (2487) - , Florida, USA - JUN 26, 2011
Been waiting for this gem of a beer for quite some time. Pours black, not too thick, but not thin either. Maple is the main ingredient that you smell first, swiftly followed by smokiness and coffee bean. A little bit more smokey then the regular Maple Bacon. The ABV is hidden very well amongst the flavors in this one. Has to be one of the best beers Iíve ever had.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
dosbeerigos (24) - Florida, USA - JUN 28, 2011
On tap at the release (06-26-2011) Beer pours pitch Black....what a gorgeous color. Nose gives a lot more smoke then the regular Maple Bacon Coffee Porter, which was something that I could careless about as I do not enjoy smoke. In this beer though it fits in perfectly. This beer is a GrandSlam Breakfast (minus the eggs) in a glass. Maple Syrup is present, Smoke is there, and SLAMMM a huge hit of Black Coffee! Everything is exceptionally well balanced. The highlight of this beer is the mouthfeel. I have complained before that I wanted more mouthfeel from some of their beers. This one is spot on. Almost velvet-y smooth. Just Perfect! Very Good Beer!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
bobbypaulson (217) - Fergus Falls, Minnesota, USA - OCT 29, 2011
BIG THANKS To darkguardian for this one!!!!!!!22oz bomber bottle number 6 of 50. I was torn whether or not to open this bad boy right away or to sit on it for a special occasion. After some comments I decided to open it last night. Man am I glad I did. The second I opened the bottle the maple syrup and coffee smell filled the room. I was a little worried after all the hype that I was gonna get a bad bottle but the inital smell is all good. I poured it into a darkness snifter and it poured black with some brown head that went away very fast. The smell is of roasted coffee and maple with some smokeyness. The taste is great alot smoother than I thought it was gonna be itís like breakfast in a beer. Mouthfeel could be a little thicker in my opinion(if you wanna split hairs). This beer was a little bittersweet because it was such an amazing beer and I wish I could have share it with someone, but Iím also happy I got the whole bottle to myself (minus a couple sips for my wife). After all was said and done my hands still reeked of maple syrup and my wife said my breath stank of dark coffee. ALL AROUND AN AMAZING BEER!!!! TOTALLY LIVED UP TO THE HYPE!!!!!!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
drunkenpolack (319) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - FEB 1, 2012
UPDATED: FEB 24, 2012 WAIM pours a pitch, oily, black with very little head at all. But letís just forget what this beer looks like because as youíre pouring this beer your nostrils will be attacked with huge aromas. One of the strongest beers Iíve ever smelled in my life. The aroma is full and I mean full of maple syrup. When I mean full of it, itís hard to explain. I could walk into the other room and still get a little bit of the smell. Putting my nose up to it I got more. A nice bit of smokiness comes up, followed by coffee, roasted malt, and chocolate. Itís impressive. Itís huge. Itís hard to explain on a blog. The taste is just as good and just as big. Once again the maple syrup dominates and I really wonder just how much they used for this beer. The flavor is dominated by sweetness. As the maple calms down a bit youíll pick up the other flavors. Coffee, smokiness, and chocolate. This beer is huge but the ingredients totally cover up any alcohol that is in this beer. Itís breakfast in a bottle. Itís a total sipper. One to sit back and enjoy over an hour or so. I was questioning myself the whole time, is this really beer? Awesome. Mouthfeel is medium bodied, low carbonation, but very sticky. Like maple syrup.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
MikeMoriendi (72) - Boynton Beach, USA - JUN 29, 2011
Had on tap at the Buddha for the release of it. Near pitch black color with a thin tan head. The nose is huge. Smoke, sweet maple and coffee all in there. The taste starts off smokey and then is sweet with a good bit of maple then get roasty from the coffee. The coffee lingers for a little while too. Great full body mouth feel. Iím not a huge coffee fan but this is great stuff. The guys at the Buddha continuing to put out top notch stuff.