Garage Project Double Day of the Dead

Wellington, New Zealand

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.97/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jimthechap (1479) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - JAN 8, 2013
I blame the dim lighting on the fact that I am unable to recall what shade of deep ruby this beer was and even then, it may have been more attributable to the reddish wallpaper in the restaurant that there was a reddish tinge at all. Anyway, this pint was cold and had very little head. I also had a nasty snotty cold and was unable to register much of the smell or the taste. It wasn’t until halfway through that I was registering a touch of piquant pepper and some deepish caramel. The finish was also lost on me due to my shitty cold (which is useful to get four days before your wedding). I offer my apologies to anyone who depended or read this review but I pledge to go back and try it properly when I am able. So in that spirt I shall give it an aegrotat score until I am able to properly reassess. Incidentally, this was listed as being 6.7% on the Pomeroy’s blackboard.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
bluebetty (1019) - AUSTRALIA - NOV 2, 2012
On tap. Jet black with smallish tan coloured head. Nice aromas of dark chocolate espresso coffee, nuts and a hint of smoke. Flavours are quite clean and show plenty of deep caramel like sweetness. Slight bitterness for balance and some of that nuttiness comes through on the finish. Medium mouthfeel. Nice beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
petergaynor (111) - NEW ZEALAND - NOV 1, 2012
Pint on tap. Pours black brown with a nice mocha head. Aroma is nuts coffee and chocolate. Taste is bitter with lemons and heaps of malt. Really good

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
davidm (1926) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - JUN 23, 2012
On tap at the Local Taphouse. Great taste. Aromas of smoke, coffee, and chocolate. Taste is sweet, with light bitterness, and long length. Palate is velvety, with a chilli-hot mouthfeel. Black, with a thin head.