overall
Serve in Stem glass, Tulip

RATINGS: 546   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.15   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
(Translation from French):
In the XIV century, the good beers were called Goudale, Goudalle or Good Ale. There were sold for 2 deniers a pot at a merchant called Goudalier.

Fat (3) - - AUG 8, 2012 does not count
This is my favorite French beer I drink a couple every night. It is now available in 33cl bottles. It is interesting how few people described the beer accurately as it is flavoured with orange zest and coriander. Goudale responds well to being chilled. Gayant brewery also make beers that are sometimes sold in Lidl these are great value and well worth buying I just bought 7 cases of Abaye beer in 75cl bottles for 1.5 euros a bottle - very good value. Tastes like a less alcoholic and less flavored Goudale. Damn shame the beer had ben pasteurised. Would love to try unpasteurised Gayamt beers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
SilkTork (5162) - Rochester, Kent, United Kingdom, Kent, ENGLAND - AUG 10, 2004
Bottle conditioned. Ah! Wonderful. This is real beer. Beer intended to be drunk and enjoyed. There is no attempt to be fancy here - this is beer for beer drinkers. And it’s absolutely gorgeous. Drink this and your mouth will love you for ever. This has one of the best mouthfeels of all the beers I have drunk. Fresh, light, gentle, yet creamy, seductive and tingly and exciting and refreshing and satisfying. Wow! This just says Drink Me - I’ll be anything you want! I’ve popped the cork and been drinking and topping up. I just wanted a little night cap before going to bed. I was intending to have a glass (maybe two) and leave the rest for tomorrow when I can compare it with another Biere de Garde. But it just keeps - o look at it there in the glass - so naughty, so lacy and feminine and inviting - it just keeps making me drink more and more. I love this beer. Little fruit whirls going off like fireworks. And I feel so close to the natural ingredients. So close to a fresh real beer. I love this! I love it! Beer of the fucking month! Wow!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
nuplastikk (4269) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 3, 2008
750ml corked bottle. Golden-orange color with a thick head. Sweet, creamy taste. Very smooth, exceptionally so. Light meady notes with a light dry, hoppy balance. Very delicate mouthfeel. This is a great Biere de Garde, vastly underrated. Excellent malt character, a perfect example of the style.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
nigos (631) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - MAY 17, 2003
Presented in a nice corked bottle. The aroma is of yeast and malt with a hint of orange . The appearance of the beer is as good as the bottle's. Golden with a good white head like a freshly poured pils. Flavour wise it has that yeast start and orange flavours like most balgium beers have. However unlike Belgium beers this has quite a long, crisp, malty finish and is quite highly carbonated. A great beer either way, although it is slightly thinner on the palate than the great beers of which I have compared it to. I would definately have this one again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
harrisoni (13198) - Ashford, Kent, ENGLAND - SEP 20, 2005
75cl bottle from Carrefour Calais. Golden clear colour with thinnish white head. Gorgeous spice/herb/hop aromas and slightly woody. Creamy in mouth with vanilla, Good balanced hop finish. Excellent biere de garde. Actually thinkji that it is better than 3 monts as this has better hop flavour

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
walrussell (162) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 13, 2009
I really like this beer a lot. It is like a lighter version of belgian styles. No bacteria funk like some other beers in this category. Nice subtle hoppiness - good level of sweetness (balancing, not overwhelming). Very carbonated, but it works. Some of that pruney belgian flavor, but less than most. Coats the mouth. I like this stuff, almost as much as the pepsi throwback I had earlier today.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Cunningham (4296) - Halden, NORWAY - OCT 25, 2011
UPDATED: JAN 25, 2012 Bottle. Golden colour with a white head. Citric, moderate malty and fruity aroma and flavour. What a solid and fresh moutfeel.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dornoy (701) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - NOV 30, 2004
White head on a beautifully orange-gold body. The taste is all I expected from a quality blond bière de garde. It is malty but fruity at the same time. A beer I would drink at any time. One of the best

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
TwoSipDip (8894) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - AUG 21, 2011
Bottle @ home. I’m excited to taste this beer again as the previous two times that I had it, I found in an elite class. Here goes... Slightly hazy, mostly transparent, light yellow orange appearance with a fluffy, pearl white head. Sweet orange citrusy, Belgian yeasty, bready malty nose. Slightly tart, orange citrusy, Belgian yeasty flavor. Citrusy, belgian yeasty aftertaste. Great brew but not legendary as I remembered.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
ads135 (2814) - Lawrence, Kansas, USA - APR 14, 2013
Despite the surprisingly low ratings of this beer, I think this is easily one of the best de Gardes I’ve had. This was the first beer I was truly impressed with on my trip into Franche Comte. Bright, hoppy, and remarkably drinkable. Floral aroma with some hay and grass at the end.