General Generic Beer

(RETIRED)
overall
n/a

RATINGS: 27   MEAN: 0.79/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.19   ABV: -
Contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio).

theoldpioneer (7) - Indiana, USA - JUL 10, 2014 does not count
Nothing says" I grabbed this from a going-out-of business Kroger store on the way to the party" like a case of "BEER." Now Pabst, once Schlitz, Mller or Falstaff (the Falstaff version, several years ago, was the best), this stuff is pretty good for the price, when you can find it. I’ve won many bad beer contests with it, yet there’s never any left at the end of the evening.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Headbanger (3303) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - APR 16, 2014
12oz can (Old Notes)-Pours golden with a white head. Aroma of corn and grains. Taste of the same. This light bodied brew tastes as generic as the can.

fluffy (1666) - St Petersburg, Florida, USA - NOV 20, 2011
back in ’Nam we used to call this stuff "facepalm". then we’d use the empties to make mosquito bombs. good times.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Cletus (6354) - Connecticut, USA - JAN 21, 2009
Love the label. Almost as cool as those No Frills beers I came across in the late 80s. Pours yellow and fizzy. Smells and tastes like adjunct heaven with some corn and water as the beer warms. Not bad for an econo-beer.

AgentSteve (1614) - SF Bay Area, California, USA - OCT 28, 2008
UPDATED: OCT 29, 2008 If I could rate below a ’1’ on any part of this beer I would. Absolutely horrible.

jbuzz (753) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - APR 30, 2008
I remeber this !! It was the worst thing ever !! An I thought my days Black Labelk and Grandpas old style was bad. Thanks god the country came away from the whole "Generic" thing.

Meticulum (1) - Vinalhaven, Maine, USA - APR 8, 2008 does not count
In a nutshell: Carbonated bilge water. It’s about as close as I ever want to come to drinking cat urine. The most redeeming quality of this swill is the swell can.

Tdevil (13) - Feetood, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 25, 2008
Someone told me they found a case of this in his grandfather’s basement. He described it to me and I thought he was lying. This stuff was REAL?! Does this exist anymore? I found a picture and submitted it, I don’t know if it will be posted or not.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
SuperDave (1932) - Beautiful Sunny Mesa, Arizona, USA - OCT 31, 2007
UPDATED: OCT 5, 2008 A friend found a sixer of this stuff and bought it as a joke. It is exactly what it says it is, generic beer. Appearance score is for the awesome can!

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
dankman (253) - Somewhere in, Ohio, USA - AUG 17, 2007
Why even drink this? The only good thing about it is the can, white with black lettering saying BEER.