overall

RATINGS: 307   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.78   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Fully kraeusened to produce carbonation naturally for a clean, smooth taste, "Genny" is brewed with six-row barley malt, corn grits, hops from the Yakima Valley and Genesee’s exclusive bottom-fermenting yeast

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Balthazar (86) - Clinton, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 27, 2002
Along with the other Genesee, If I could give it 0.4, I would.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Nate (3778) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 22, 2002
Pretty good aroma in the right glass. Standard American aroma, hoppy/sweet. Big frothy head that lasted quite awhile and laced. Golden-amber color. Fizzy,watery palate. Weak and watery taste. Some sweetness but not all that appealing. Mild finish and after.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
TheBeerGenius (154) - Pittsburgh, PA, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 14, 2002
This stuff’s pretty bad. But it is cheap so what do you expect.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - OCT 9, 2002
About the same as the Cream Ale. Maybe if you grew up in upstate NY, and your Dad used to load cases of it into the back of the family station wagon, you would have some sort of emotional attachment to Genesee. I didn’t, and don’t, therefore I can say that it sucks.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
chunknuts (51) - Watertown, New York, USA - SEP 22, 2002
not very delicious genesee needs to learn to make great tasting beers like the coors family does. great price though.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Raaha (67) - Michigan, USA - SEP 2, 2002
Not the best beer in the world, probably won’t ever buy it again.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Panzuriel (1358) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - AUG 24, 2002
I had this beer a long time ago when I used to sneak them from my dad’s beer stash. Wow this stuff is crap. It’s almost undrinkable. I always finish beers, it’s a discipline thing for me. Well, anyways, this one I wanted to throw out more than any since. It was bad. I just can’t even begin. Bad flavor, bad appearance, thin nasty and watery. Bad Metal taste. Avoid at all costs.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
estoppel (1028) - Buffalo, New York, USA - AUG 22, 2002
Okay, laugh, but since I live in WNY, I had to rate this WNY classic. Some lacing from a medium head over a typical yellow body, sweet nose. Fairly sweet flavor, watery, some cereal notes, nothing in the hops department, really not good at all. What am I going to do with the rest of this sixer?

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
Davhgbrew (945) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 3, 2002
I was expecting this to be the worst beer in the world. Actually, it was just as drinkable as most major macro swill. I’m not saying this beer was good, just not as bad as I thought it was going to be. For 2.99 a sixer it could be crucial in a pinch. It had a sweet, grainy flavor of additives.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 25, 2002
Gimme a Genny.... NOT. You can understand why the lost market share. People don’t drink swill unless they see it on TV