overall

RATINGS: 295   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.78   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Fully kraeusened to produce carbonation naturally for a clean, smooth taste, "Genny" is brewed with six-row barley malt, corn grits, hops from the Yakima Valley and Genesee’s exclusive bottom-fermenting yeast

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Strangebrewer (794) - Chatham, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 2, 2013
24oz can. Poured clear pale yellow with a continuous stream of bubbles and a bleach white head. Grainy corn aroma. Light prickly mouthfeel. Flavour is bland and grainy.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Mittenator (1093) - Michigan, USA - FEB 21, 2013
Tallboy. Pale in color. Grassy, hay and pale malt. Oddly refreshing on a hot summer day.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
NielsenRatings (8275) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - FEB 19, 2013
Canned @ home picked up at Wilbur’s Foco. Pours a clear, golden yellow appearance with a decently lasting white head. Corn, spritzy carbonated, sugary aroma. Watery, sugary, Lemon, corn flavor. Not very good or smooth.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JackCallahan (1) - Cleveland Heights, Ohio, USA - FEB 2, 2013 does not count
For many years, I avoided drinking any Genesee products. Heeding the warnings of my friends to avoid the "Genny Cream screamers", it was not until I my mid-30’s that a neighbor and picky beer snob offered me a Genny Cream Ale -- In a can. It wasn’t bad. A few years later, my sister poured me a Genny 16 oz-er in a frosty mug after a long summer work out. It was sooooo good. As the price of my old lawn-mowing beer, PBR, soared to $9 a 12, I went in search of its replacement -- Genny bottles. When I discovered that Genny comes in the Blatz-style barrel bottle, I was in. I petitioned our local wine store to begin carrying Genesee Beer in bottles. He happily obliged: a case for $17.85! Done. Dudes, dig it. This is the best domestic pale lager going -- for the price. I have done side-by-side comparisons with other cheap-o’s and more expensive imports (Heineken, Stella). The taste is right there; however, when you calculate price, the joy per unit rate ratio blows away the competition. This is a great session beer. When my palate spasms from super hopped up triple IPA’s to something more chuggable, I reach for a Genny barrel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mooselips (5) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - JAN 20, 2013 does not count
Simply a good old American beer. There’s nothing not to like about Genesee. Very refreshing, especially on a hot summer day. Great taste; in my opinion even better than Old Milwaukee or PBR, and that’s saying something. Great taste is matched by a great price, too. I can get a 40 ounce bottle for under two dollars out the door, which suits my meager budget just fine. Anyone talking smack about this are either yanking your chain or haven’t even tried it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Drjohnrock (427) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 19, 2013
UPDATED: JAN 20, 2013 Poured from 16 ounce can at MOTR Pub at Scrawl concert on September 15, 2012. Light gold color, small white head that quickly vanished with little lacing, unpleasant smell of cheap perfume and wet cardboard, taste like the aroma but without the wet cardboard and with some astringency. If you’re low on cash, Genny Light and Genesee Cream Ale are much better options.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
AKThunder (166) - New York, USA - JAN 6, 2013
From what I remember of this, this stuff is rough. I have to give props to anyone who can drink this regularly.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Stevesie (294) - - JAN 4, 2013
Bought this on recommendation from liquor store manager who apparently overbought and was trying to unload it on the cheap. Non-existent to unpleasant nose and appearance. Some carbonation and taste of mashed corn. Have not been back to that particular liquor store.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Fatehunter (1096) - Corbett, Oregon, USA - DEC 26, 2012
One and half fingers of head, clear yellow tinged colored body. Smell of candy corn. Not too bad of a taste. The mildest bitterness, corn and mild honey. Smooth texture, low carbonation for the style and light body. For the style it’s not a bad beer. I’d entertain drinking this if I had something productive to do on a summer afternoon. Descent flavor and low ABV.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
nyindiansfan (463) - rochester, New York, USA - DEC 24, 2012
Bottle pours golden with small head. Smells tastes metallic sweet corn. Some faint malts. Not that good I’d rather have some thing else but cheap. It’s run of the mill cheap beer. Genny light is better surprisingly.