overall

RATINGS: 311   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.78   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Fully kraeusened to produce carbonation naturally for a clean, smooth taste, "Genny" is brewed with six-row barley malt, corn grits, hops from the Yakima Valley and Genesee’s exclusive bottom-fermenting yeast

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
finn1918 (229) - Georgia, USA - JUN 26, 2013
24oz can for 99 cents; 4th of July themed because ’Murica. Pours a dark yellow with a force-carbonated head that leaves no lace. Aroma is what I remember beer smelling like as a child. Strong corn and metal notes on the nose and taste. Astringent, metallic finish. Smooth mouthfeel. This is pretty bad compared to the rest of their lineup, but still drinkable if it’s cold enough. I’m sticking to the cream ale from now on.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
RobertDale (4266) - Lansing, Kansas, USA - MAY 12, 2013
24 ounce can for $1.59. Pours a pale gold with a nice white head. Mild aroma of grain and malt. Taste is the same. Not much for taste, but it is not offensive.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
McGarnigle (580) - Rochester, New York, USA - MAY 5, 2013
UPDATED: MAY 31, 2013 My hometown lager. We always mocked Genny Cream Ale here, but that seems to be the one with a rep outside the area. Lager is not especially bad for its style, and that ABV looks to be way up to 5%. Certainly best if you don’t let it warm up.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Sammer (1082) - Plano, Texas, USA - APR 22, 2013
Can. Pour is watery and confused. Taste is watery and confused. Definitley not a top 10 beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jmagnus87 (2912) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - APR 9, 2013
12oz can poured into a shaker. Pours a clear pale gold with a half finger of white head. Aroma of corn and grains with a little metallic apple. Taste is light sweet. Corn and grains with the same metallic apple and a little sugarwater. Light bodied with a thin yet slightly sticky texture. Lively carbonation and a surprisingly long finish. Overall, not bad. Ive had much worse.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Lesedilofi (5) - Los Angeles, California, USA - MAR 12, 2013 does not count
Tried this beer for kicks cuz I?d never seen or heard of it- and it was cheap.Call me crazy, I like this beer. The flavor is light and crisp malty and corny, yet not unclassily so unlike other cheap American domestics. Over carbonated slightly, to be expected- you can taste the grits though, and I like that. Finish is actually smoother than other beers in its class exept Coors, but Coors is just alcohol fizzy water colored. Overall a great beer for 98 cents, would recommend to cheapies.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Strangebrewer (983) - Chatham, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 2, 2013
24oz can. Poured clear pale yellow with a continuous stream of bubbles and a bleach white head. Grainy corn aroma. Light prickly mouthfeel. Flavour is bland and grainy.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Mittenator (1605) - Michigan, USA - FEB 21, 2013
Tallboy. Pale in color. Grassy, hay and pale malt. Oddly refreshing on a hot summer day.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
adnielsen (10104) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - FEB 19, 2013
Canned @ home picked up at Wilbur’s Foco. Pours a clear, golden yellow appearance with a decently lasting white head. Corn, spritzy carbonated, sugary aroma. Watery, sugary, Lemon, corn flavor. Not very good or smooth.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JackCallahan (1) - Cleveland Heights, Ohio, USA - FEB 2, 2013 does not count
For many years, I avoided drinking any Genesee products. Heeding the warnings of my friends to avoid the "Genny Cream screamers", it was not until I my mid-30’s that a neighbor and picky beer snob offered me a Genny Cream Ale -- In a can. It wasn’t bad. A few years later, my sister poured me a Genny 16 oz-er in a frosty mug after a long summer work out. It was sooooo good. As the price of my old lawn-mowing beer, PBR, soared to $9 a 12, I went in search of its replacement -- Genny bottles. When I discovered that Genny comes in the Blatz-style barrel bottle, I was in. I petitioned our local wine store to begin carrying Genesee Beer in bottles. He happily obliged: a case for $17.85! Done. Dudes, dig it. This is the best domestic pale lager going -- for the price. I have done side-by-side comparisons with other cheap-o’s and more expensive imports (Heineken, Stella). The taste is right there; however, when you calculate price, the joy per unit rate ratio blows away the competition. This is a great session beer. When my palate spasms from super hopped up triple IPA’s to something more chuggable, I reach for a Genny barrel.