overall

RATINGS: 296   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.78   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Fully kraeusened to produce carbonation naturally for a clean, smooth taste, "Genny" is brewed with six-row barley malt, corn grits, hops from the Yakima Valley and Genesee’s exclusive bottom-fermenting yeast

FUNK (120) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 22, 2001
Had to give it 5 stars because of family history. This was the beer my dad would drink in his youth in olean NY. He told me stories about how he and his friends would get drunk off the stuff and them piss in the lake whos water was used in brewing Genesee. I acually just tried it last summer and it was decent enough.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
wu1sabes (25) - USA - NOV 30, 2002
A great american lager beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Francis99 (19) - USA - MAR 25, 2001
Hey its No Genny Light, but its still drinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
SHIG (3454) - Wasilla, Alaska, USA - DEC 28, 2013
Can thanks to my buddy Red: Drank from the classic white can with simple beautiful label. Aroma is fresh grain. The taste is magical as it opens up memories of my childhood and upstate NY. Does it get any better?

sovereign27 (4) - CANADA - JAN 18, 2006 does not count
Decent beer...considering the price. Even though it’s american it still does the job. Cheers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JackCallahan (1) - Cleveland Heights, Ohio, USA - FEB 2, 2013 does not count
For many years, I avoided drinking any Genesee products. Heeding the warnings of my friends to avoid the "Genny Cream screamers", it was not until I my mid-30’s that a neighbor and picky beer snob offered me a Genny Cream Ale -- In a can. It wasn’t bad. A few years later, my sister poured me a Genny 16 oz-er in a frosty mug after a long summer work out. It was sooooo good. As the price of my old lawn-mowing beer, PBR, soared to $9 a 12, I went in search of its replacement -- Genny bottles. When I discovered that Genny comes in the Blatz-style barrel bottle, I was in. I petitioned our local wine store to begin carrying Genesee Beer in bottles. He happily obliged: a case for $17.85! Done. Dudes, dig it. This is the best domestic pale lager going -- for the price. I have done side-by-side comparisons with other cheap-o’s and more expensive imports (Heineken, Stella). The taste is right there; however, when you calculate price, the joy per unit rate ratio blows away the competition. This is a great session beer. When my palate spasms from super hopped up triple IPA’s to something more chuggable, I reach for a Genny barrel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
snorky177399 (3) - Gainesville, Florida, USA - OCT 19, 2001 does not count
Great with chicken wings. Simple and easy to drink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BigBen2120 (688) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 17, 2009
12oz can purchased at Shaw’s in Derry. Pours a crystal-clear light hay-yellow body with a good inch of rim-hugging off-white head that slowly dissipates. Cereal grain dominates the aroma - malt and corn most notably, with just a hint of citrussy grassy hops. Tastes sweet, with cereal grains and cooked corn initially, and a bit more hops than I’m used to getting from the style, expressing themselves mostly as a grassy citrussy presence toward the finish. Finishes clean, as it should for the style. Nothing to complex or profound, but a simple easy drinking macro-style lager that’s better than most, and a good quaffable brew for hot summer days like today.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
milhouse99 (8) - Rochester, New York, USA - OCT 10, 2001 does not count
good cheap: good times: fixing the car.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Maximus55 (40) - California, USA - JAN 27, 2005
man do i love this stuff, i just love the taste of all the Genesee beers. Regardless of what people say, it is a very delightful beer, best from the bottle.