overall

RATINGS: 738   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Flavor of a fine ale and the smoothness of a premium lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
Gunshy (479) - Ohio, USA - APR 28, 2003
This beer is one that helped me survive college. It is got more flavor to it than most of the other beers we consumed in school. Hops and some sweetness present, but still must be quite cold to avoid a bit in the finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MMM...Beer (385) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - APR 28, 2003
"Aroma is not impressive. Appearance is like any other American Standard. Flavor is what makes it stand out somewhat from other cheap beers. Slight hint of hops with a whipped cream taste. Smooth and easy to drink." Ditto. There's too many good beers out there to waste my money on this one again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Shag (2684) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - APR 7, 2003
Aroma is not impressive. Appearance is like any other American Standard. Flavor is what makes it stand out somewhat from other cheap beers. Slight hint of hops with a whipped cream taste. Smooth and easy to drink. This is a pretty decent mass produced beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
gsmitty80 (2011) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 31, 2003
Very high carbonation for a beer. It almost tasted like alcoholic ginger ale. My buddy and i would drink some down and wait for an aftertaste but there wasnt any. Not worth what we paid for it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - MAR 23, 2003
It could be a lot worse. Kind of sweet. I was surprised to find it in a bottle.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 22, 2003
Sweeter and maltyer than most american standards. A slight hops nose but lacking hops in the flavor. My dad used to drink this stuff by the case, so I'd thought I'd give it a try. Could have been worse.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Brodie (540) - Blowing Rock, North Carolina, USA - FEB 25, 2003
I'm from western NY, and it cracks me up that they distribute and market this as a premium beer. This was you $3 gas station six pack when I was growing up. I ogt some corn/DMS in the aroma, w/ some barely perceptible hops. Flavor has some malt, corn, and even balance but some sweetness in the finish. Medium-light body, high carbonation. Definitely better than an American light lager, but that's about it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
beastdog75 (363) - Brick, New Jersey, USA - FEB 25, 2003
Not in the least bit complex, but is an easy drinking cheap beer with a pleasant sweetness to it. Almost no hop presence though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - FEB 12, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 13, 2004 I love this crap. It's sweet and creamy! God I love this shit. It's cheap and it's good. It has a flavor that I cannot describe, but it's good. My favorite cheap beer! You must drink it from the can. This was not meant to be drunk from a glass. I LOVE THIS BEER! And it's 10 bucks for the 30 pack!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
pwyman (71) - Hubert, North Carolina, USA - FEB 9, 2003
Smooth creamy flavor that goes down easy. Better than regular Genesee and much better in the bottle than a can.