overall

RATINGS: 735   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Flavor of a fine ale and the smoothness of a premium lager.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
gsmitty80 (1960) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 31, 2003
Very high carbonation for a beer. It almost tasted like alcoholic ginger ale. My buddy and i would drink some down and wait for an aftertaste but there wasnt any. Not worth what we paid for it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - MAR 23, 2003
It could be a lot worse. Kind of sweet. I was surprised to find it in a bottle.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 22, 2003
Sweeter and maltyer than most american standards. A slight hops nose but lacking hops in the flavor. My dad used to drink this stuff by the case, so I'd thought I'd give it a try. Could have been worse.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Brodie (540) - Blowing Rock, North Carolina, USA - FEB 25, 2003
I'm from western NY, and it cracks me up that they distribute and market this as a premium beer. This was you $3 gas station six pack when I was growing up. I ogt some corn/DMS in the aroma, w/ some barely perceptible hops. Flavor has some malt, corn, and even balance but some sweetness in the finish. Medium-light body, high carbonation. Definitely better than an American light lager, but that's about it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
beastdog75 (363) - Brick, New Jersey, USA - FEB 25, 2003
Not in the least bit complex, but is an easy drinking cheap beer with a pleasant sweetness to it. Almost no hop presence though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - FEB 12, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 13, 2004 I love this crap. It's sweet and creamy! God I love this shit. It's cheap and it's good. It has a flavor that I cannot describe, but it's good. My favorite cheap beer! You must drink it from the can. This was not meant to be drunk from a glass. I LOVE THIS BEER! And it's 10 bucks for the 30 pack!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
pwyman (71) - Hubert, North Carolina, USA - FEB 9, 2003
Smooth creamy flavor that goes down easy. Better than regular Genesee and much better in the bottle than a can.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
cb (810) - Roeland Park, Kansas, USA - FEB 4, 2003
This is pretty gosh-darn good for a cheapo beer. Tasted kind of fruity to me in some obscure way. Maybe it was just the slightly tart sweetness. If I just had $3.99 to spend, I'd get a 6 of this, easy.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
Frank (3270) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 4, 2003
Genesee Cream Ale may be the Holy Grail of cheap-ass beer. Actually has some ale-like sweetness and its low carbonation gives it a creamy mouthfeel. Light but pleasant flavor, similar to some of the better American-style lagers. Silky smooth finish with some lingering sweetness.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
redlem (1306) - Ohio, USA - JAN 22, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2011 Drank this and Little Kings in high school. Both came in 6 oz bottles. This was a watered down version of Little Kings which has a Canadian smell and taste to it. That stuff was bad but it was better than this which has no flavor or taste.