overall

RATINGS: 752   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Flavor of a fine ale and the smoothness of a premium lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
lunaticharness (183) - Torrance, California, USA - MAY 20, 2003
a decent kind of crisp flavor, was completely surprised by this extremely cheap beer, extremely creamy but not like im gonna puke creamy

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cobra (1100) - - MAY 1, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 2, 2003 Not a bad beer at all, considering it's another macro brew. Smells sweet, like fresh cut hay. Pours out a darker shade of pale yellow, with a nice, creamy white head that fades slowly. Some malts in the nose, with that classic American corn and rice aroma. Not a bad tasting beer either. Certainly not the best, but good enough for the style. Has that certain cream ale tang to it. It has a smooth mouthfeel, very creamy and velvety. I like this beer for many reasons, being cheap is not among them, however. It's worth trying at least once in your lifetime. And at $11.49 for 30 cans, you can't beat the price either. Cheaper even than PBR.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - APR 30, 2003
I drank this by accident one. The bartender gave me the wrong glass and I didn't bother to think before taking a big swig.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Nuffield (4011) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - APR 29, 2003
Hmm... what to think, what to think. Here is what I sense: ugly yellow beer with lots of carbonation, keeping a frothy white lacing for a long time. Rather plain aroma. Sweet flavor, lager-like with a hint of apple in the aftertaste. Nothing particularly offensive, but definitely just blah American Standard flavors. I paid $0.99 for this. [Brain processes the sensory input.] Bad beer that is cheap. Does that make it good value? No. It is still bad beer. If I had to choose among bad beers, however, I would be attracted to its sweetness.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
Gunshy (479) - Ohio, USA - APR 28, 2003
This beer is one that helped me survive college. It is got more flavor to it than most of the other beers we consumed in school. Hops and some sweetness present, but still must be quite cold to avoid a bit in the finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MMM...Beer (385) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - APR 28, 2003
"Aroma is not impressive. Appearance is like any other American Standard. Flavor is what makes it stand out somewhat from other cheap beers. Slight hint of hops with a whipped cream taste. Smooth and easy to drink." Ditto. There's too many good beers out there to waste my money on this one again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Shag (2789) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - APR 7, 2003
Aroma is not impressive. Appearance is like any other American Standard. Flavor is what makes it stand out somewhat from other cheap beers. Slight hint of hops with a whipped cream taste. Smooth and easy to drink. This is a pretty decent mass produced beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
gsmitty80 (2130) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 31, 2003
Very high carbonation for a beer. It almost tasted like alcoholic ginger ale. My buddy and i would drink some down and wait for an aftertaste but there wasnt any. Not worth what we paid for it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - MAR 23, 2003
It could be a lot worse. Kind of sweet. I was surprised to find it in a bottle.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 22, 2003
Sweeter and maltyer than most american standards. A slight hops nose but lacking hops in the flavor. My dad used to drink this stuff by the case, so I'd thought I'd give it a try. Could have been worse.