overall

RATINGS: 142   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.49   EST. CALORIES: 108   ABV: 3.6%
Brewed with both two-row and six-row barley malts to produce a light beer with distinctive taste and character.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
radagast83 (4752) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - NOV 18, 2007
Iím not sure if this beer is a somewhat new introduction to my area, or if the beer is just that bad that itís nearly impossible to find. Like the "regular" version of this beer, itís a pale lager with the texture of carbonated soda, and about the same potency. Itís not a good sign if the most common box you can find this in is a case.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Bcoble003 (244) - Aiea, Hawaii, USA - NOV 3, 2007
nothing special just a simple pale beer any high school college student drinks at a party.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
mansquito (3444) - Nueva York, New York, USA - OCT 14, 2007
Had this out of a can. It is the standard tasteless beer, but for some reason Genesee beers have character and make me like them more than I ought to. I donít know why, but I didnít mind this beer. Appearance score is entirely for the can of course.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Strykzone (5004) - Wood River, Illinois, USA - OCT 13, 2007
A nice beer for those who donít like flavor, body, or aroma. An almost tasteless brew. Ho hum.

AMN (127) - Dublin, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 19, 2007
Never tasted a worse beer. This represents thriftiness and alcoholism at their finest.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
puboflyons (2170) - Allenstown, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 10, 2007
From a can. Pours a highly carbonated thin yellow with little head to speak of. If you really give it a sniff, you might notice a hint of malts but mostly you notice metal. Watery. Sort of dry. I donít hate this beer. In fact I prefer it over other more common lights., But when I buy Genesee, I usually go for the Cream Ale or the Bock (when I can find it). At least those merit ratings of 2 on my taste scale.

ShamRock (20) - Rochester, New York, USA - AUG 6, 2007
Yuck! This beer sucks out loud. It makes me wanna cry. Why would someone unleash this filth onto the world. Sometimes when I pray at night I pray that the good lord will see fit to take this beer from us.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
emobassfoo (178) - Webster, New York, USA - JUN 28, 2007
Couldnít find regular Genesee at Wegmans, so there was the choice between Genny Ice and Genny Light. Knowing that ice beers usually taste like shit, I chose the light. Aroma is somewhere between rusted metal and rotten veggies. Piss-colored, no head. Compared to other macro lights, the flavor is actually surprisingly -- different? After a few cans, it becomes kind of tasty. Nothing to brag about but at least it tastes like beer, not water. Really carbonated upfront, then slides into some astringent aftertaste. Surprisingly I honestly thought the ABV was higher than 3.6 because of the pretty strong taste. As you can tell, I wrote a lot about this cheap beer cause Iíve already had quite a few.

keepersj12 (2714) - Sicklerville, New Jersey, USA - MAY 11, 2007
I picked this up by mistake one day. Thought it was the cream ale. I gave it to the neighbor I canít stand.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
jgentgesdo (673) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - FEB 5, 2007
Pours pale yellow with thin white bubbly head. Nose is faint corn malt. Fairly inoffensive flavor, with more corn malt and a little metallic taste from the can. Very, very watery mouthfeel, slight metallic aftertaste. Basically water.