overall

RATINGS: 1931   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.68   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Rich amber color and a thick, creamy head. Introduced into the U.S. in 1981. Gold medalist (amber lager) at 1998 World Beer Cup.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 11/20
beerstop (173) - Roanoke, Virginia, USA - JAN 23, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 5, 2003 My favorite among mass produced domestic. Along with Coors Banquet Beer (Original Coors), this is the only other mass produced worth drinking. Clean, crisp with a hint of sweetness on the finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Burnt33399 (3) - Raeford, North Carolina, USA - JAN 23, 2002 does not count
Kudos to Coors for brewing something drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
The Friar99 (222) - Wisconsin, USA - JAN 22, 2002
This is a good beer. Itís a good change from the water beer people drink around here.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
labattblueleaf (225) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JAN 17, 2002
I really am not a fan of the Ambers. I donít particularly care for the flavor. I can stomach this and as with most beers, this is better on tap, although I never order it. It seems to have that semi-sweet flavor with the bitter aftertaste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
unixweb (237) - Sherman, Texas, USA - JAN 15, 2002
Much better than anything else with the Coors name on it. Not much red to it, though, just pale amber color. Taste is good, clean, slightly nutty. The finish is smooth but nondescript. Overall, too weak and reminiscent of other domestics. However, if I have the choice of the typical skunky domestics or this one, I will take this one any day.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Tack99 (5) - USA - JAN 14, 2002 does not count

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
droopyd9999 (3) - Rome, Georgia, USA - JAN 13, 2002 does not count
I actually was suprised by this coors brew. I was expecting the same crap that they have been making for years. I would recomened this beer with a nice steak.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - JAN 8, 2002
I totally dig that nutty aftertaste. Itís a little weak, but is actually quite enjoyable/tasty. My only problem is it feels like youíve been eating nothing but fertilizer for days after half a pack. If that could be remedied this would be a fairly spectacular treat. Once again love the aftertaste, and color. Not much for aroma though. Good with food.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
texasanarchist99 (15) - Huntsville, Texas, USA - JAN 4, 2002
A weak, disappointing beer. Obviously an attempt by Coors to horn in on import popularity.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
AceOfHearts (1374) - Mountain View, California, USA - JAN 1, 2002
One of those beers that isnít typically that well-regarded but I like it anyways. A decent lager that will often be the best available among bad choices. I still buy it at the market if itís on sale, itís kind of an old favorite.