overall

RATINGS: 35   MEAN: 1.48/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.69   ABV: -
Contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio).

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
milewide (1511) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JAN 22, 2011
Another Detroit standard from my youth. I couldnít tell this from other micro brews if my life depended on it! Bland taste, light body and slight grain aroma.

astrofrk (341) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAR 21, 2008
Can. Head goes fast. "BAD DAWG!" Next time he pisses in my beer, Iíll shoot the Son of a Bitch! If this is all you could afford, you should have been a decent bum and drank Malt Liquor. It has been either retired or made illegal due to being inhumane. I have had only two beers that were worse and one of them has also been retired. "Milwaukeeís Beast" is still around as the #1 worst swill I ever had.

superd44688 (49) - Canton, Ohio, USA - MAY 20, 2007
Man used to drink this back in the day, It was cheap and drinkable, donít remeber much more think it was brewed by Strohís at the time.

oldfishbreath (1) - USA - MAR 5, 2007 does not count
Iím a gobel and have never drank goebel beer, and I canít find it. I just wanted to know if I am related and if I can get a free 6-pack.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
rogerrdmn (1) - canal winchester, Ohio, USA - DEC 28, 2006 does not count
awesome cheap beer. loved its flavor, too bad you cant get it anymore. i kept them in business as long as i could especially the college years. everyone i introduced it to loved it. please bring it back.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
AlchemistZ (493) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - JUL 18, 2006
Pale gold in color with a thick, resilient, white head. A clean aroma, a light sweetness there an is better than most macros. A not entirely unpleasant flavor. Clean, pleasant sweetness that lacks the corny, overly grainy flavor in most of these beers. A firm, medium/light body, and a dry finish. You could do worse.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
vomit (167) - Michigan, USA - FEB 16, 2006
OK, I used to drink this stuff. When I couldnít get Blatz or Hammsí or Red, White and Blue. A true classic. The kind of classic like a grade Z horror movie from the 1950ís: you loved it as a kid, but with age comes wisdom. And now, you may think: what the hell, was I thinking. Surely a step above most of the macro-shit out there. If I had some of this I would chug-a-lug some, and quite possibly pay a horrible price on the shitter the following day. Long live Blatz!

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - AUG 13, 2005
Wow! I have finally had the pleasure to drink Goebel. I am not sure how old the can of beer was. It had to have been a couple of years old. Whatever the case I drank a Goebel. Finally. It has been a long hard road trying to find this beer in Maryland. I had a friend bring it to me from somewhere in the Poconos. After years of anticipation I finally had my chance. After taking two sips I wanted some Pabst Blue Ribbon to wash the taste out of my mouth.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 8/20
ericthegerman (1) - Michigan, USA - APR 14, 2005 does not count
Great memories of this brew.Drinking it with my grandfather when I was about 5 years old.( Old Germans let everyone drink.)Is it still around can it be purchased in Detroit still?

bipolar1 (268) - Hancock, Michigan, USA - APR 5, 2005
It smelled like someone pissed into a cardboard box. One sip and this baby turned into a drain pour. Not every beer can be a Hammís!!!