Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.91   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 10   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Our first collaboration beer was brewed on brewmaster Jon Carpenter’s favorite day of the year (perhaps a slight exaggeration) with our good friends at Hangar 24. The love-child of this brew day romance is a saison bombarded with absurd amounts of pureed and juiced blood oranges sourced local to Hangar 24. This complex, refreshingly tart and dry saison is our collaborative take on a bloody valentine.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
beersearcher (2382) - Glendale, California, USA - JUL 31, 2012
When I heard that these two breweries had hooked up, I think I raised my hopes too high. This is a fine beer but for some reason blood orange doesn’t translate into beer all that well in comparison to other fruits like oranges and apricots. I was left wishing it was more Belgian-esque and bigger on the fruit.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Hophead22 (2879) - Redlands, by way of Wisconsin,, California, USA - MAY 28, 2012
Sample. Surprisingly enough it’s rating #1. Clear amber with some red highlights. Nice aroma, sweet yeast character with a touch of the oranges coming through. Flavor is mild orange with some light bitterness and a touch of sweet funk. Nice stuff. (2388)