overall

RATINGS: 152   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Brewer’s Notes: We are from the city that invented the skyscraper. We constructed our Urban Pale Ale on a balanced malt backbone, so the citrus hop aroma and crisp flavor can stand tall. Recipe Information Style: Urban Pale Alcohol by Volume: 5.4% International Bitterness Units: 30 Color: Marigold Hops: Amarillo, Mt. Hood, Nugget Malts: 2 Row, Crystal 60 Serving Suggestions: Preferred Glass: Nonic Pint Cellaring Notes: Enjoy within 180 days Availability: Year Round Bottles: 12 Pack, 6 Pack Cans: 12oz Cans 12 Pack, 16oz Cans 4 Pack Draft: 1/6 & 1/2bbl

sfontain's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
sfontain (811) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - APR 10, 2014
12 oz bottle. Light amber-yellow. Aroma heavily lemon citrus, some malt, light bread/caramel. Flavor toward malt, and shockingly soapy, blech. Okay as a session-ish spring beer but nothing more.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
boxofrane (2143) - Spring City, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 10, 2014
Bottle from Wegmans. Pours clear amber with a medium sized white head, decent retention, high glass carbonation. The aroma has some orange, grapefruit, and a tad pine. The taste has a light bitterness, a bit of a dry grapefruit finish. Not great but not as bad as people say.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
jezmez68 (398) - Chesterton, Indiana, USA - OCT 4, 2014
This beer reminds me of the same off-putting hop taste I got from a recent Long Hammer, which is coincidentally, also brewed by AB-InBev. Just a harsh pungent sharpness; almost tastes like they used a hop tea to bitter this rather than actually putting hops into the beer. I see this beer everywhere now. AB-InBev is crushing the shelves, and unfortunately, with this newer offering, I’m wishing they would leave it alone. What this beer does is makes me worry about buying other Goose Island products. Have they changed? Their IPA wasn’t a top 5 or anything, but it is a good value, and a well-made beer. Trying this (WHY DID I BUY A 12-PACK? Oh, yeah, I thought it was going to be like the Green Line by them, which is an excellent pale ale) has given me serious doubts. Bottle.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
fakebeersnob (161) - Saginaw, Michigan, USA - SEP 26, 2014
Well...it looks good. Light copper with an eggshell head. Can see the bubbles from the carbonation come up. Unsure what the smell reminds me of. Kind of like spilled beer at a dive bar. Has citrus, grass, malt flavors - all mild. Light hop. It just feels sticky in the mouth and unsettling in the stomach. This is a mediocre beer at best.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
drywallman (331) - Lake in the Hills, Illinois, USA - SEP 24, 2014
Part of a 12 oz. can 12 Pack bought in July. Pours fresh with a pillowy white long lasting head and plenty of carbonation. The beer is a darker yellow and the nose is of course resinous and spruce like hops. Nice malt base, exactly balanced by the aforementioned hops. A great lawnmower beer, and the hops finish is fairly clean and doesnt accumulate.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
ttroha (300) - Americus, Georgia, USA - SEP 12, 2014
Tap at Pat’s Place. Pours clear amber with off-white head. Aroma of citrus and pine hops. .Tastes of pine hops, citrus and caramel. Light body and low carbonation. Decent cheap beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
slowrunner77 (5944) - Reno, Nevada, USA - SEP 12, 2014
"Decent pale ale with a bready backbone of malt, but more than ample citrus edged hops in the aroma and flavor for the style. Better than the wheat..."

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
drowland (6082) - Valdosta, Georgia, USA - SEP 11, 2014
9/11/14. 12oz bottle from Five Points. This bottle helps sum up what I hate about Valdosta. We rarely get anything new, so when we do, I always buy and rate it. 312 Pale hit stores this week and I spotted it today and grabbed it without thinking twice. I knew it wouldn’t be great, but hey, finally a new rate! I get home and pour the beer into a glass and my eye catches the little message on the back that says something about the beer being best within 180 days of the bottling date. I search around and find the bottling date on the neck... 27FEB14. You have got to be kidding me. Do the distributors really not care THAT MUCH. Shame on me for not looking for a bottling date before I got home. Man, AB is helping them so much. So anyway, here goes the rating for this over 6-month-old PALE ALE from CHICAGO that apparently sat in a warehouse somewhere the whole time. Amber pour, pretty clear, with a small khaki head that disappears completely and laces literally zero. Very bland aroma, a hint at earthy, floral hops and some doughy caramel. No hop in the flavor, no bitterness, just light malt water, caramel, pizza crust, and a metallic tinge. Eff me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
phaleslu (6607) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 9, 2014
Draft at Great American Ball Park during a Cards-Reds game. Pours a clear orange-gold with a finger of barely off-white head that sticks around all the way down, albeit thinner. The hops are citrusy, leafy, and a bit sweaty, balanced by some sweet and pale malts, really mellow spice, wet grass, and a hint of veggies. Light-bodied, with a kind of dank, damp mouthfeel and moderate carbonation. I expected this to be a little more crisp and clean. It’s not bad, but I don’t feel the need to buy quantities of it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
snoworsummer (2186) - baltimore, Maryland, USA - SEP 5, 2014
From a bottle. Pours clear amber with a bubbly beige head and some lacing. Tastes like sweet pine hops, musky grains, fruity, citrus, grapefruit, with a bit of creamy caramel. Light body and low carbonation. Smells like sweet grapefruit, spicy hops, and light pine.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
sonnycheeba (3592) - Federal Hill, Baltimore, Maryland, USA - SEP 5, 2014
Bottle. Pours clear amber with frothy off-white head. Aroma is pale and lightly toasted malts, faint caramel, light spicy hops, and faint citrus. Flavor is dry malts, toast, medium hop bitterness, and faint grapefruit esters. Medium body and carbonation.