overall

RATINGS: 824   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.22   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 402   ABV: 13.4%
Everyday Goose Island smells the wonderful coffee roasting next to our brewery at Chicagoís Intelligentsia Coffee and Tea. This world class roaster puts the same passion and skill into their coffee as Goose Island does with its beer. This excellent stout is made with a different coffee from our friends next door each year. With the change in coffee comes a change in the flavor profile, making each release truly unique from the previous years.

- First bottle release seen in Spring 2010 as "Bourbon County Coffee Stout".
- Also available previous years at the brewpub as "Black Cat Bourbon County Stout"

2010 Bottling: Intelligentsia Black Cat
2013 Draft: Fazenda Brazilian Coffee
2013 Bottling: Intelligentsia Los Inmortales

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
77ships (4297) - Antwerpen, BELGIUM - AUG 5, 2014
355 ml. bottle @ home. Obtained in a trade with AdamJackson! Pours black with an instantly gone small tanned head. Nose is very thick molasses, syrup, bourbon, creamy dark chocolate, typical BCBS goo smell, with lots of roasted coffee, way more than expected here on my behalf. Tastes of very thick molasses, bourbon, caramel, chocolate, very thick syrupy, that BCBS syrup adorable taste is clearly here, mocha ice cream, vanilla, lots more coffee than expected, lots of real coffee bean, chocolate syrup, warming but booze is way less than what I am used with BCBS maybe the coffee covers it, the lesser presence of alcohol makes this my favourite BCBS so far because the unbalanced boozy character of this almost made them close to perfect but not cigar for me, fudge, brownie mix, thick chocolate syrup, vanilla,Ö Insanely thick & syrupy with lower carbonation, this is insane, I love the BCBS beers so much, this reminds me of the first time I tried a RIS, this is sure an experience.

last1standing (12) - Orland Park, Illinois, USA - FEB 6, 2010
I canít stop drinking this aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!&# Best brew goose island has ever made dark rich bourbon flavor nice caramel finish. Perfection well worth da money for 4 pack. This is a must try for stout lovers.

Benjiehorn (21) - Chicago, USA - APR 28, 2010
Thereís not much that I can say about this beer that hasnít already been said. Had it at DLD and itís absolutely phenomenal! The coffee really cuts down the bourbon sweetness of the regular BCS without being overwhelming or cloyingly sweet, and makes it much more drinkable. Makes me a little more eager for the Rare BCS and Vanilla BCS later this year.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
thetomG (246) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 30, 2010
Finally breaking into one of my bottles... Iíve had this on tap at Goose Islandís Stout Fest, then again last weekend at DLD...and now Iíve caved and opened up one of my bottles. Not sure what I can say that hasnít already been said - its truly THAT good... EASILY is one of the best beers Iíve ever had. Pours a lovely black with a very minimal amout of light tan head. The aroma is overwhelmingly good with notes of chocolate, vanilla, and espresso. Flavors match up to the aroma very nicely. Iím not a fan of the regular BCS because IMO the bourbon is too strong in that one, but here - the coffee notes balance out the bourbon perfectly and make this beer INSANELY drinkable. I really hope they make this again just so that more people have the chance to try it. OUTSTANDING.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Dough77 (821) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - MAY 11, 2010
After making the original Bourbon County Stout a top 10 personal rated beer and itís cousin/brother/sister the Night Stalker a top 35 peronally rated beer I still had low expectations for this thing. Coffee mixed in with that original amazing brew that is BCS just didnít seem like a great idea, but Greg Hall has really come to the plate and produced a stellar, smooth as silk, not over the top but brimming close to it, high quality beer with this thing. So rich, so smooth, so damned delicious. I bought 5 and know it will not be enough to satisfy my taste buds until we see it again next year. Produce more of this please. This new BCS series they have going is getting very interesting, excited to see what else it will bring.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
VikingHammer (506) - Lynnfield, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 29, 2010
Pours black as night with a small tan head with some nice lacing in my snifter. Aromas were amazing. Vanilla,espresso, chocolate,some cinnamon, dark fruits and a hint of bourbon. Amazing mouth feel. Velvet smooth and creamy. Bitter sweet to a nice roasted bitter finish. One of the best beers I have ever had. Please send some more to Mass Goose Island. A+++++

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
DuffManSW (436) - Riverside, California, USA - OCT 3, 2010
Bottle thanks to Punkrkr27.... Pours black with a brown head...Aroma is bourbon, fresh ground coffee..Flavor is bourbon coffee and wonderfulness...thick and creamy...mmmmmm!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Pastor (799) - Skowhegan, Maine, USA - OCT 24, 2010
We poured the bomber into large snifters and were greeted with a finger worth of tan head that settled down quickly to a wisp of film. However with a swirl of the glass it would easily come back. The body was a typical black stout but that was all that was typical of this stout. The first think that was really pronounced to me was the great coffee aromas. It was better than any Starbucks coffee I had. We all know coffee is a dominate aroma to overcome especially this one but I did get a slight vanilla note there as well. The flavors were out of this world, by far the best coffee stout I ever have experienced to date. I think this one will set the bar. I came of like a good French vanilla roast. With the hint of Madagascar vanilla to it. The alcohol was well hidden but felt after. The body of the brew was thick and full a very light carbonation so it even felt like a good coffee only colder than I drink. This I a great brew the one snifter was plenty for me but I will say I wanted more. A great stout but I even enjoy the bourbon one Goose Island produces so it wasnít a hard sell for me.

zizzybalubba (1501) - Elizabeth City, North Carolina, USA - NOV 13, 2010
22 oz. bottle generously shared at Grape & Gourmetís Holiday Open House. Pours black with a creamy brown head. The aromas are coffee, dark chocolate, bourbon, vanilla, and oak. The flavors are as expected from the aroma but are wonderfully integrated and are met with a considerable amount of heat from the alcohol. The flavors surprisingly bring to the front more chocolate than coffee. All in all just a spectacular beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
SourNotes (104) - Bloomington, Minnesota, USA - MAR 2, 2011
poured into a brandy snifter, used motor oil black with a thin layer of head. the head dies off leaving a lace that clings to the edge of the glass. splotches of carbonation patches bubble up in random spots throughout the beer. smells amazing, coffee, bourbon, roast, malt, caramel, oaky notes with touches of vanilla. Tastes so smooth and rich. malt and coffee with chocolate riding it out, nice run of bourbon right smack in the middle giving to caramel and vanilla oakiness. suprisingly smooth, definately not "hot". There is a nice alcohol taste taht comes out in this but nothing like regular BCS, old Rasputin, or KBS. its subtle and rounded. the balance of flavors in this is perfect. Sticky on the lips, round full and smooth with a nice oiliness on the tongue. The aging must have mellowed this out to perfect drinkability. I donít think i want to age any of my bottles, going to drink them all within the year. This was way more drinkable than I expected it to be. very intense brew though. Balanced complexities wins in this. nothing sticks out over anything else. bring out the Kentucky Pecan pie for this one just like KBS. I can think of nothing better to pair this up with.