overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 1872   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Inspired by visits to English country pubs, Honker’s Ale combines a fruity hop aroma with a rich malt middle to create a perfectly balanced beer. Immensely drinkable, Honker’s Ale is not only the beer you can trust but one you’ll look forward to time and again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
alexanderj (3407) - Branson, Missouri, USA - MAR 19, 2007
Couldnt even tell that this was a pale ale. The hop presence was almost non existent. Below average for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mrm1021 (23) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - MAR 18, 2007
12 oz bottle from a Variety pack. Beer pours to a amber color with a minimum head. Small hop nose with some malt aroma. Taste is of malt and very smooth with a bit of a bitter hop finish. A Goose Island standard that has always drank well

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
mahlon (19) - Monterey, California, USA - MAR 13, 2007
Got a 6 pack of this for my Birthday last year. My friend from Indiana said this was her favorite regional beer, now I see why.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
golubj (1377) - San Mateo, California, USA - MAR 13, 2007
Draft. I thought this was a below average pale ale, as the hop presence was not there. The malt flavor was nice and drinkable, but the beer needed some hop balance.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
BustedFlat (554) - Edina, Minnesota, USA - MAR 9, 2007
Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a pint glass, cloudy orange with almost no head. (This was an aggressive pour, wondering if the bottle was a bit flat.) The aroma was dominated by roasted malt. The flavor was a nice balance of roasted malt and hops. Very smooth, little bitterness. Nothing stands out too much, but a smooth drinakable session beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Chitown440 (15) - chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 7, 2007
A nice Tasty Easy drinking beer that does,nt fill you up!!! I almost always have a 12pack of Honker,s ale sitting next to the milk and eggs.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Doon (109) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - MAR 4, 2007
Good Session Beer....I’m on number 6 right now....’hicup’ Pours burnt orange colored with a nice head that fades quickly. Aroma is not offensive and not very strong. Tastes like most pale ales. It’s a staple that Chicago can be proud of!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
boFNjackson (4191) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 21, 2007
So my layover is at Chicago O’Hare and I have two and a half hours to kill. I walked all over every concourse to find a restraurant and bar that had something I’ve never seen or had. After about 40 minutes of walking I went by a Chilis and I noticed people sitting with beer bottles with this red label on it, I had never recognized that and thought it would be a local micro brew. So I got a bottle and poured it into a pint glass... Burnt orange tone with a small white head. Sweet, mildly malty and hoppy aroma. Highly carbonated palate with flavors of hops, berries, caramel and a nice malt balance with a light nutty background. Label describes this as a perfect blend of hops and malts and I’d say I’d almost agree with that.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
theisti (3475) - Leawood, Kansas, USA - FEB 20, 2007
UPDATED: APR 22, 2007 Bottle. Pour is reddish with a nice two finger dirty white head. Aroma is malt and spice, with a background of hops. Taste is just as advertised, with nice full malt taste and a hop bitterness highlighted by spices. Overall a very drinkable beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
1FastSTi (3344) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 19, 2007
Tap. The beer pours to a rich reddish amber body with a nice creamy off-white head. The aroma was hoppy but mostly just balanced for the masses. The flavor was malty but had a nice light hop kick that was apparent after many sips. It started to grow on me. The palate was subtly bitter and has an average mouthfeel.