overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 1796   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Inspired by visits to English country pubs, Honkerís Ale combines a fruity hop aroma with a rich malt middle to create a perfectly balanced beer. Immensely drinkable, Honkerís Ale is not only the beer you can trust but one youíll look forward to time and again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
pauliefrog99 (302) - FLINT, Michigan, USA - MAR 13, 2002
Fruity and a little bit of malt. I pick up some smoke in the finish. I like Bellís and 3Floyds much better though.

darkstarvn99 (5) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - MAR 9, 2002 does not count
I live in Chi-town for 5 years and if you ever happen to land in the windy city have yourself a chicago style deep dish slice a pizza on Sheffield near the Vic and one of these. Best local brew I ever had.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
omhper (19972) - TyresŲ, SWEDEN - MAR 8, 2002
A fruity, toffeish medium bodied pale ale with well balanced bitterness. A nice easy drinking ale.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mwieland99 (6) - USA - MAR 7, 2002 does not count
Hey, Iím a diehard Chicagoan and from the Northside to boot, so I have to stick with the best local beer around. This is definitely an icon and it didnít hurt that I used to live across the street from the brewery.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Sickboy282 (1115) - San Diego, California, USA - FEB 27, 2002
A decent ale with a unique flavor. A nice smoky finish and an over all decent beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Alenightlong99 (70) - Lockport, Illinois, USA - FEB 25, 2002
An interesting pale ale. Good combination of malt and hops, but the flavor is unique. A bitter, sweet, and spicy taste is not for everyone.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
trappist12 (200) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - FEB 18, 2002
Pretty good, pretty bland though. I had a few at Millerís Pub in Chicago last week.....so I have good memories of it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Aubrey (3452) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - FEB 9, 2002
Tingly, with an evident mouthfeel. Rich & malty, finishing with some hoppy bitterness & some lingering sweetness. Good, but seems slightly unbalanced. I detected a íhollow-mustyí off-flavor that I wasnít fond of. Iím sure itís better on tap.

darkvibe (68) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 1, 2002
Not too bad at all.Nice to have a Chicago brewed beer on my trip to Chicago.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
tybee199 (13) - USA - JAN 30, 2002
Pretty good -- a staple on my own Chicago trips, to. Nice color and balance, though I remember it being better in the Windy City -- location always helps a beer, plus I usually had it on tap. Still, always a solid choice, though the IPA is definitely better.