overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 1818   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Inspired by visits to English country pubs, Honker’s Ale combines a fruity hop aroma with a rich malt middle to create a perfectly balanced beer. Immensely drinkable, Honker’s Ale is not only the beer you can trust but one you’ll look forward to time and again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
NJBeerman013 (1052) - Hamilton Twp., New Jersey, USA - JUN 17, 2002
I was in Chicago so I had to sample the local ’flavor’. Pretty good stuff. You have t0get it at Oven Grinder’s in town with a Pizza Pot Pie. On the beer, nice hop aroma and zing. Dark amber in color... nice stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
IneedAbuheer (69) - Ingleside, Illinois, USA - JUN 11, 2002
Nice aroma with an attractive amber coloring. Satisfyiing flavor with a spicy bite from beginning to end. A tasty pale ale - a decent choice if you’re in that type of mood.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Aggie80 (788) - Michigan, USA - JUN 9, 2002
Good malt and a nice hint of spice. Good on a hot afternoon in moderate quantities.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jskendzel (602) - Washington DC, USA - MAY 29, 2002
Good balance. I liked the sweetness and citrusy hop flavors and aromas, balanced by nice maltiness. Cascade hops and something else I cant put my finger on...a good, relaxing beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - JUN 8, 2002
Nice malts... hops were there too, but not as much as i would have expected. Sort of reminded me of Killian’s with more hops. Pretty good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 8/20
captspastic (20) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAY 29, 2002
A good ale. Reminded me a little od Sam Adams, only not as strong of a pecan lager taste. Overall, very good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jokes (1453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 3, 2002
This was a decent offering from Goose Island. Not horrible by any means, but leaves a little to be desired. Nice finish, but starts a bit weak.

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
olympian (107) - USA - JUN 21, 2002
It makes me very sad to say that Goose Island is the *only* craft brewer in North American who’s products uniformly disappoint me. The family resemblance from one Goose Island product to another is very consistent - like Bell’s of Kalamazoo, but nowhere near as good. First sip - you know it’s from Goose Island. More’s the pity, because that family resemblance I can only describe as ’malt with floor mop squeezin’s added to it’. It tastes *musty!* I’ve actually tried the Honker’s Ale several times - no dice. I really wanted to find something to love in Goose Island - I consider the American craft brewers to be ’beer Messiahs’ - but it consistently comes in dead last across my tongue. Try Bell’s Amber or Sam Adams Boston Ale, and see if you really think this is better.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Gunshy (479) - Ohio, USA - JUN 19, 2002
Another beer I had at a gathering. I found the beer to be quite a nice beer that would do well if your trying to get your friends to break from the Bud/Miller brigade. I haven’t tried some of the other Goose Island beers, but if this is any indication, they would be worth a try

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUN 9, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 8, 2003 Clear bright copper color, small white head, sweet light malt aroma, kind of nutty. Light malt flavors, some hops noticable in the finish, clean. This pale ale is very light in body and on the tongue, a little watery, otherwise has some good light flavor, maybe a good sesssion beer.