overall

RATINGS: 1894   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63/5   IBU: 32   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Bottle conditioned.
Ingredients: Water, Styrian and Saaz Hops, 2-Row Barley and Caramel Malt, Yeast and Granulated Beet Sugar.
Matilda is made with a rare yeast that suggests a fruity and spicy flavor. There is complex maltiness balanced with a profuse amount of hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ironchefscott (357) - portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 18, 2009
on tap at the twisted fork .....very fine head...pin point bubbles...very fruity nose and better on the flavor side......not bad...but a tad sweet for my tastes.....

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
duff (5484) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - FEB 18, 2009
Bottle. Meant to resemble Orval (or i think i remember someone saying this to me, could be wrong). This is sweeter, with less noticeable brett characters than you would find in Orval. Still pleasant Belgian-ness, with soem slightly dry bitter hops in the finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jkwalking05 (4572) - Arlington, Texas, USA - FEB 17, 2009
Light golden color with a medium sized white head. Aroma is very yeasty with some apple and light hops. Flavor is of apples and hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jamvin23 (162) - chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 15, 2009
Bottle & Draft. Copper color with white head. Aroma: Fruity with notes banana and yeast. Medium bodied with fruit and hop flavors.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
stankenk (130) - Maplewood, Minnesota, USA - FEB 13, 2009
Pours a nice medium amber. The nose is some spicing, orange citrus, sweet malts, herbal hops, and some yeast. Comes across the palate Initially it tasted slightly sour like many Belgian ales but changed to a complex floral taste and finished like a traditional Belgian, with a lingering finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerBelcher (972) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JAN 31, 2009
I swear Iíd had this before having a glass at Romanís this week, but apparently I am confusing Matilda with memories of Pere Jacques. And Iím glad I corrected this situation, because where I found Pere Jacques to be pretty mediocre and boring, I found this beer to be considerably more enjoyable and interesting. This beer pours a light golden color with a pretty minimal head. At Romanís, it was served in a long-stemmed glass reminiscent of a martini glass (what I donít know about glassware could fill a library). Aroma was a touch fruity and spicy. Flavor offered a rich sweetness paired nicely with a touch of very-Belgian-y maltiness. There was also considerable fruitiness, full mouthfeel, and yeastiness that was also reminiscent to Belgian beers Iíve had (like fresh Tripel Karmelet). Mouthfeel was pretty rich. This is really a very good beer and I would recommend it. I had it on tap at Romanís in Milwaukee.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ilherps (248) - Carbondale, Illinois, USA - JAN 31, 2009
Very fruity and spicy indeed. A yeasty citrus on the nose, with flavors of lemon, pineapple, cotton candy, and some other various green flavors, also subtle caramel. Flavors are similar, very good Belgian.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
RichardW (1813) - Carlisle, Cumbria, ENGLAND - JAN 22, 2009
08 bottle. Amber hue, with an off-white, thin head. Full bodied with a rich aftertaste. Great attempt at creating a Belgian style ale, Citrus-y, orange peel flavour and aroma, with just a hint of creaminess.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
weaselkenievil (1608) - Cheshire, ENGLAND - JAN 21, 2009
Bottle from god knows where, York perhaps? I really liked this one. A good stab at a Belgian from our US brothers, well done lads. Amber with a thin white head. Sweet smell, candy floss perhaps, icing, Belgian yeast and citrus perhaps? I donít know, Iím a drinker not a rater. And taste is similar blah blah blah. I liked it. I will drink again if I can get it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
grandridge (224) - Port Clinton, Ohio, USA - JAN 18, 2009
2007 bottle. Giant head with some rockiness, pours golden brown with sediment. Aroma is the standard belgian yeast with some slight fruity sweetness that I canít put my finger on. Citrus maybe? Also some slight spice character deep in the aroma. Flavor is more fruit than in the aroma, definite citrus and tropical fruits. Yeast and is in there typical of a belgian. Some spice I canít put my finger on. Finish is a little dry and pretty refreshing making it very drinkable (Iím almost halfway done with this bottle) All in all another quality brew from GI.