overall

RATINGS: 1799   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   IBU: 32   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Bottle conditioned.
Ingredients: Water, Styrian and Saaz Hops, 2-Row Barley and Caramel Malt, Yeast and Granulated Beet Sugar.
Matilda is made with a rare yeast that suggests a fruity and spicy flavor. There is complex maltiness balanced with a profuse amount of hops.

el_guapo's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
el_guapo (28) - California, USA - JUN 18, 2013
Good Belgian. I am not crazy about the rest of the beers I have had from goose island, but I like this one (others are not bad, just not in my wheel house). I know AB bought a stake in this company, but I doubt that impacts the bottle of Matilda I enjoyed tonight. I usually like my Belgians a little hotter than this one is, but a break from the really high abv won’t kill me. Good job, will buy again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ElManana (982) - Scheldewindeke, BELGIUM - MAY 28, 2015
Bottle at Leuven Innovation Beerfestival, thanks for sharing! Crazy boring beer, would drown in averageness on your regular Belgian beer tasting. Yeast, citrus, maybe some orange peel.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
77ships (5041) - Antwerpen, BELGIUM - MAY 25, 2015
Thanks for sharing! Sampled 650 ml. bottle @ Leuven Innovation Beer Festival. 2012 Version I believe. Pale lemon golden, little white head. Nose is wet socks, dull & metallic, sugar, herbs & very metallic; Taste is oily dull wet socks, thin, metallic, very boring malty, sugary,.. Dull thin metallic & sugar body,… I don’t get,… Tastes like a dull & very forgettable Belgian Ale for me, disappointing for me given my love for certain Goose Island beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Beerhunter111 (9986) - Hasborn, GERMANY - MAY 24, 2015
Fast klare dunkel goldene Farbe, geringe weiße schaumkrone. Geruch sehr malzig, reifes Obst. Geschmack sehr malzig, viel reifes Obst, leicht alkoholisch.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Belgrave (30) - Truro, Nova Scotia, CANADA - MAY 11, 2015
Pours clear golden with small off-white head. Aroma of bretts, citrus, fruits and malt. Taste follows. Medium body. Good balance.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Franckg (392) - Quebec, CANADA - MAY 6, 2015
Floral nose. You can smell the yeasts. Taste is dominated by alcohol and I’m searching the brettanomyces. Not bad but I need to try one with a couple of months of aging

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Dayz2112 (13) - Alberta, CANADA - MAY 5, 2015
A murky golden orange colour with a medium white head. Kind of a weird fruit bread sort of scent with a hint of citrus. Nice fruity-citrus, malty taste and the slight bitterness of hops. Good carbonation and a bitter but pleasant aftertaste. A nice Belgian Ale styled offering.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Tricker (322) - Quebec, CANADA - MAY 3, 2015
Bière blonde de 7 % d’alcool. Elle possède un petit col mousseux au versement Elle possède un odorat sucré, légèrement citronné. Elle possède un bon goût d’épices, légèrement sucré, tendance à croire même à un goût de melon d’eau. Excellente !

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jjsint (1256) - Ely, Cambridgeshire, ENGLAND - APR 28, 2015
Bottle at Eaten By Monsters, Carlisle. Bright orangey gold, clear as you like. Bread, papaya and an odd plastic note inthe scent. The taste is... my sweet Lord... a honeyed caramel intensity bomb. Full gooey palette. My only criticism - and despite my fondness for this beer it is not a minor one - is the feel of artifice which separates Matilda, the pretender queen, from the better Abbey beers. But if it is a copy, it is a good one, and worthy of enjoyment without comparison.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
sinfull (1020) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - APR 27, 2015
Deep amber color . Medium , white head. Floral aroma with notes of yeast , spices , fruits. Fruits , yeast and sweet malt in taste . Very light , refreshing , easy to drink . Pleasant dry finish. Good belgian ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
freiter (4) - - APR 24, 2015 does not count
Murky dark blonde with medium foam. Fresh and crisp, fruity. Nice aftertaste.