overall

RATINGS: 104   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.19   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
is a full-bodied, malty beer. It is our only lager beer served unfiltered, the way all beer was traditionally made years ago. Despite its dark color and rich caramel aroma, Dunkles is light in texture and smooth to drink.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
biobier99 (23) - Neumarkt, GERMANY - DEC 20, 2001
one of the best Americans, not es good as the Winterbock, rich flavour

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DatFlycat (12) - Los Gatos, California, USA - JAN 3, 2004
Quality dark beer. A little too much hops bitterness is my one knock (I'm a confessed Hops-Sally, however). Though when Gordon's blonde bock is unavailable in the restaurant, I'm a sure thing for a nice frothy pint o' the Dunkles.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bishop99 (11) - USA - SEP 14, 2001
I had a couple of these off the tap two weeks ago in DC. Surprised me greatly, with a good body and nice aftertaste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ToXBoy (9) - New Jersey, USA - JUL 14, 2005 does not count
Draught at Gordon Biersch, Las Vegas Aroma was a little malty with a hint of toast. Appearance was a dark red to drown, not quite as dark as the menu showed it. The head was small but lingered, carbonation was soft. It had a nice malty sweet flavor some dark fruit. I found it a very drinkable beer.