overall
Brewed by John Martin
Style: Malt Liquor
Genval, Belgium

RATINGS: 34   MEAN: 1.72/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 420   ABV: 14%

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Bov (11181) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - AUG 18, 2013
canned, from supermarket Coop - golden beer with no head left; aroma of fusel and apple schnapps; hugely sweet and with a strong malt backbone, lot of residual sweetness in anaftertaste of apples, candy sugar and burning alcohol notes - welcome to the next Gordon aberration !

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
ManVsBeer (6890) - Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, ENGLAND - JAN 1, 2016
Can from Carrefour, Nice. Golden with next to no head. Has a spirit like aroma and taste that deserves respect, although not too much credit. There’s a whisky sweetness for its taste.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
ogivlado (6818) - Zagreb, CROATIA - JAN 19, 2015
Canned 500ml. -from Coop (near) Verbier, Switzerland. Golden coloured, minimal white head, soft alcohol in the nose. Sweet malty and heavy alcoholic that kills almost everything else except glucose syrup with boozy finish. Ufffff...I simply love Gordon Finest Collection. Respect.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
kraddel (5203) - some beerplace, BELGIUM - NOV 8, 2014
Can . Pours clear blonde , small and intantly fading-to-nothing white head , making it look like applejuice from seconds after the pour . Smell ? It stinks . Thats for sure . Chemical, boiled vegetables , Cleaning products ,.... the whole damn thing . Taste is starting off bitter , with a sweet back ( malty ) Than the booze comes . And with booze , I mean booze . Warms up the troat completely ( almost like drinking a 40 % vodka ) . The boozyness ruins your tastebuds . Leaving a metallic ( ! ) sweetness . I got to the second sip . i dare you to do more than that ! The exact beer I can see being very succesfull with people who just fancy alcohol over taste . Homeless people . Drunks . Rednecks . For me ? I just feel sorry for putting my drains trough this torture . One of the worst damn things I ever tried . I wonder how many chemical mess and additives and other shit this 1 can contain, to make a 14 % beer have the same boozyness than a 40 % liquor ??? The aftertaste of metallicness stays lingering for a damn long time as well . I feel sorry for myself, for even having tried this . i feel myself getting unhealthy . I hear my lever wishing me dead . I know my wallet is thinking I told you so . I suppose Homeless people are wondering why I give this to my drains and not to the ones ’in need ’ . I think that no malts were hurt in the making of this beer . Some might conclude I am not a fan of this beer ....

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
jaghana (5096) - Strasbourg (Alsace), FRANCE - OCT 16, 2013
Can 50cl @Cora, a clear yellow beer. Whoo, aroma is intense on corn sugar and alcohol, almost no hops, light caramel, and some burnt alcohol, definitely just to be drunk.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Embrouille (2831) - SWITZERLAND - AUG 19, 2013
Canned 500ml. Purchased in coop. Syrupy, metallic with apples throughout. Warming on the swallow. Charmless.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
ShivanDragon (2793) - Leeuwarden, NETHERLANDS - SEP 20, 2013
@Gent, WOW this shit is boozy !
helder gouden met witte kraag
aroma: graan, mout, alcohol, maar ja wat wil je met die 12%
matig zoet, licht bitter, zeer sterk (alcoholisch), matig gemout, matig kruidig
medium body, ietwat romig
, pepertje aanwezig, zacht.
nope !

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
JefVerstraete (2433) - Oosterzele, BELGIUM - FEB 26, 2014
Clear yellow colour, white head. Very artificial taste of alcohol, sugar and sweeteners. This is very bad.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
andrepintado (2260) - Lisbon, PORTUGAL - FEB 14, 2015
50cl can from el corte ingles, lisbon. Dark gold color with almost no head. Medium sweetness. Aroma is malt, alcohol. Super hot but quite bad.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
Calisky (2169) - ALSACE, FRANCE - JUN 2, 2014
Couleur jaune, petite mousse blanche. Nez fort d’alcool et mauvais glucose. Gout alcoolisé, glucose, mauvais maïs. fin astringente