overall

RATINGS: 176   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.18   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Combines premium malt with aromatic specialty hops. Brewed with our special yeast, this beer has a vanilla like finish. A robust ale. Pair it with holiday meals.

Felix (7) - CANADA - MAY 15, 2006 does not count
Simply the best winter Ale that I have ever had so far. Everything is in perfect balance. Irresistable Full Bodied Vanilla Flavored. Extremely smooth and velvety on the palate. This one goes on my top 10 best beers list!! Too bad it is only available in the winter.

HeatherLeather (1) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - OCT 20, 2006 does not count
Dear Winter Ale, I know SO many people who have never been beer drinkers, but LOVE Granville Island Lions Winter Ale. I tell people about it constantly. I even buy as much as I can afford near the end of the season so that I can drink it all year. One summer, I ran out in July, and I called the brewery to try to get my fix. They didn’t have any, but the woman that received my message actually called me back, and was very empathetic. I’ve even thought about making commercials for this stuff, it’s so good. If I could live off of it, I would. Love, Your Biggest Fan.....Heather

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Parsons (5) - CANADA - NOV 14, 2006 does not count
If you want your tastebuds tantalized give them one a go. If you are out of towner come to Vancouver in the Winter just to try this beer. I kid you not you will not be dissapointed.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
patlab (22) - Ontario, CANADA - MAR 16, 2013
Excellent winter beer that has a great aroma of vanilla and a taste reminiscent of mint chocolate. Wonderful flavour, aroma and taste. Great find.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
donpasquale (5) - British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 12, 2007 does not count
This is an amazing little beer - sweet but still very refreshing. Hints of butterscotch without being too in-your-face. A shame that it’s not available all year.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
TDiddy72 (8) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 14, 2013 does not count
Great seasonal beer. Lots of caramel on the nose. It is a sin to drink it in summer, though.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
courtland (8) - North Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 22, 2005 does not count
Chocolate and vanilla and pleasantness. Taster-beer that is rich. SO rich that I felt full after 4.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Powertrip (999) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 10, 2008
One of the finest noses I have ever come across. Rich melted belgian chocolate over a powder-sugared crépe’s. Hints of spicy malbec grapes softened by lush endless malt. Waves and waves of the malt follow into the mouth, all gently wrapped in a roasted glaze and finished off with sutle mild hops. Such a tragedy that this beer just slightly loses its edge with a bittery finish and also a touch too much carbonation. Still, gorgous beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
lambo47 (8) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 16, 2013 does not count
Great beer and sits on the tongue just long enough to fulfill the vanilla palate. Do not get more than a six pack because it is a thick drinking beer but well worth the lethargy. So mouth invigorating

Guinness4me (2) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 13, 2003 does not count
A little sweet, but a nice hint of vanilla. Available in six packs of bottles from about October on.