RATINGS: 188   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Rich in color with a strong body and a very creamy texture, the Oatmeal Stout is a true beer lover's brew. The slight hop aroma distinguishes this stout from any other. The Oatmeal Stout is robust, full of body and flavor, and topped off with a creamy light brown head.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
86Moose (62) - - NOV 19, 2011
Malt has toasty cereal aroma. Black appearance. Thin tan head. Bitter to sweet finish. Full body.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 15/20
Troobie99 (60) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 7, 2002
I should exempt myself from rating this beer, coming as I do from the stouty NW. Back when I was a grad student at Madison, though, I useta love to sit at the student union and drink this, watching the poor health nuts swimming in the lake. Iíd generally call it a good stout, but on a summer day at the student union, itís great.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Adverse2Bitter (35) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 20, 2006
Nice littlie stout. Sweets and clean. Really sweet. Not so much on the chocolate front. Gives Lefts hands mike stout a run for its money at 40% less. I will buy a 6 pack for sure.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Zodanga (26) - Alabama, USA - SEP 11, 2012
A dry beer, with chocolate undertones, a bit of fizz and somewhat tart aftertaste. It does pour and look good, but was lighter tasting than I expected. Not much of an aroma either. It makes for a cheap and decent oatmeal stout (under $9 for a 6-pk), but I donít think Samuel Smith has much to worry about.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Beyond (23) - Minnesota, USA - MAY 6, 2012
Brown pour, small tan head. Not offensive, but nothing of great character. I would distinguish this as a stout for non-stout drinkers. A palatable beer suited for a quick thirst quencher on a hot day. Tastes like a decent stout that was mixed 50/50 with water. Again, not offensive.

jkane (21) - USA - MAY 19, 2005
Possibly the best beer anywhere in the world. I really like oatmeal stouts, and this beer consistantly is an example of the way to make them right.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
milwaukee (10) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 28, 2006
Dark. From a bottle. Beige head, creamy. Liked the aroma, chocolate hints. Could be a bit bitterer. That didnít stop me from drinking several of them in a sitting.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerWench71 (2) - USA - JAN 11, 2010 does not count
chocolate, coffee, smoke, .....this was a very easy beer to enjoy Appearance was black with a nice head that hangs on glass medium body, lively, this is a beer that I will drink again