RATINGS: 1066   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 183   ABV: 6.1%
Brewing with fresh hops is a big endeavor, requiring four to five times the hop volume compared to using pelletized hops. Although the process is complex, it brings impressive results: Fresh Hop is an American-style pale ale with moderate hop bitterness marked by a unique and intensely grassy hop flavor and aroma. Fresh Hop is a superbly refreshing, medium bodied, light-copper colored pale ale weighing in at 55 IBUs and 6.1% ABV.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
uncben87 (65) - Georgia, USA - OCT 13, 2012
Pours a clear orange with white, fluffy head. Aroma is not really in your face, but you do get some of that hoppy, grassy, citrousy smell. Taste is really clean and fresh, grassy again but well balanced. Palate is very smooth, nicely carbonated. I really enjoyed this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
VRH (56) - Georgia, USA - OCT 24, 2014
Pours a light tea colour with pleasant frothy head. Nose is bright and herbaceous, with hints of fruit. Taste is complex with melon rind, white pepper, thyme, hints of mint, bitter grass, and a nice oily, creamy malt palate. Great!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
squigs46 (55) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - JAN 21, 2011
this beer is very tasty. it is very crisp and clean in my opinion and right on as far as the vitals are concerned

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Davetopay (53) - Leesburg, Virginia, USA - OCT 7, 2009
This is nice. The nose gives the impression that it will be big and bitter, but no, it is gentle, fruity, subtle and refreshing. Other examples have a lingering bitter bite, which when not backed up with enough malt can be off putting. This beer is all about balance.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
tinydancer (52) - Gibsonville, North Carolina, USA - DEC 21, 2006
Excellent Pale ale, although I would put at the IPA end of the pale ale range. Crisp and very hoppy. Reminds me of SNCA

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
mingo1968 (51) - phila, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 3, 2010
I had this from a 22oz bottle. I must of had a bad bottle, because when I looked at the 95 rating I thought was this the same beer. I thought the color was a golden brown with a thin head. The smell was hops with what I thought smelled like peanuts. The taste was a mix of that hops with peanuts. I have to say I hated it I poured it down the drain.I will give it a 2nd try if I see it on tap.

danfosha (51) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - JUL 16, 2007
Pours a cloudy amber, long lasting head, but not much lacing. Aroma of sweet malt, floral notes. Pronounced bitterness that comes on half way through the taste, but mellows by the finish. Dried straw on the palate too,with a slighty acidic finish, which tapers off nicely. I’d like to stack this against their Denver Pale Ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
HoppyKev (50) - Redford, Michigan, USA - NOV 22, 2004
Light amber color, good light but crisp hop aroma. Slightly fruity taste at first, lighter mouthfeel. Good hop flavor but not the strong bitter flavor of american IPA’s. The beer doesn’t have a lot of malt flavor but, it’s still well balanced because of the lack of strong bitterness

Beerio (48) - USA - MAY 2, 2007
This is the motherfucker to end all motherfuckers. This is a perfect beer. The best I have ever had. When I drink this, it makes me realize how everything else in the world is just fucked up. Don’t pay your bills...drink this beer. Don’t play with your kids...drink this beer. In fact, relinquish all other responsibilities and drink this beer. Motherfucker.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
SpecialSauce (47) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 8, 2005
Smell is overwhelmingly fresh...floral hop flavors escape even as I’m pouring this one. Another whiff reveals a subtle malt character, which balances the piney/floral hop notes nicely. Taste pretty much follow’s the aroma’s lead. Very palateable due to the malty characteristics offsetting the stronger hops. Doesn’t seem to have terribly high alpha acids, a very well balanced brew all around.